PDA

View Full Version : my new old laptop

GregK
03-27-11, 10:09 PM
i didnt want to hijack the other thread so here's my own.
few weeks ago i rcvd a free lappy its an acer aspire 5515 with 3gigs ram. screen broke,no power cord. replaced the power cord and nothing but the red light for a dead batt. ok so for the first time i dissassembled a lappy and not so bad as i was thinking!! so anyway i found the powerswitch board busted up luckily the plug on the mb for it LOOKS ok. so ordered the switch board cost me 7 bucks. if it fires up i may sell my other lappy for 80-100 bucks so i can replace the screen which is about 95 w/ s&h. fun and hopefully it fires up!

DrPop
03-30-11, 04:13 AM
Sweet! Nothing like a diamond in the rough. ;) Here's to hoping she fires right up when you get the part.

Crazybob's Son
03-30-11, 01:27 PM
Sweet! Nothing like a diamond in the rough. ;) Here's to hoping she fires right up when you get the part.

+1

Also, you could always just plug it into a regular monitor and use it that way rather than spending money to fix the screen.

GregK
03-30-11, 02:15 PM
+1

Also, you could always just plug it into a regular monitor and use it that way rather than spending money to fix the screen.

i'll probably do just that actually!:)

rgathright
03-30-11, 05:10 PM
;9726']i didnt want to hijack the other thread so here's my own.
few weeks ago i rcvd a free lappy its an acer aspire 5515 with 3gigs ram. screen broke,no power cord. replaced the power cord and nothing but the red light for a dead batt. ok so for the first time i dissassembled a lappy and not so bad as i was thinking!! so anyway i found the powerswitch board busted up luckily the plug on the mb for it LOOKS ok. so ordered the switch board cost me 7 bucks. if it fires up i may sell my other lappy for 80-100 bucks so i can replace the screen which is about 95 w/ s&h. fun and hopefully it fires up!

PM me the specs for the laptop u wanna sell... if it can take a processor upgrade, I have room for it over here. :D