PDA

View Full Version : Opti App Working with Win 7 64?

Mike029
04-07-11, 02:51 PM
Anyone have the opti app working for MW using Win 7 64b? If so could you post your xml file. I can't get it to work with Win 7 64. Thanks.

Maxwell
04-07-11, 04:07 PM
I haven't crunched it in a few weeks, but this is what I was using (and make sure you have the right files downloaded, too):

<app_info>
<app>
<name>milkyway</name>
</app>
<file_info>
<name>astronomy_0.23_ATI_x64.exe</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>
<file_info>
<name>brook64.dll</name>
<executable/>
</file_info>

<app_version>
<app_name>milkyway</app_name>
<version_num>23</version_num>
<plan_class>ati13ati</plan_class>
<flops>1.0e11</flops>
<avg_ncpus>0.05</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>1</max_ncpus>
<coproc>
<type>ATI</type>
<count>.5</count>
</coproc>
<cmdline>p3 b-1</cmdline>
<file_ref>
<file_name>astronomy_0.23_ATI_x64.exe</file_name>
<main_program/>
</file_ref>
<file_ref>
<file_name>brook64.dll</file_name>
</file_ref>
</app_version>

<app_version>
<app_name>milkyway</app_name>
<version_num>22</version_num>
<flops>1.0e11</flops>
<avg_ncpus>0.05</avg_ncpus>
<max_ncpus>1</max_ncpus>
<coproc>
<type>ati13ati</type>
<count>.5</count>
</coproc>
<cmdline>p3 b-1</cmdline>
<file_ref>
<file_name>astronomy_0.23_ATI_x64.exe</file_name>
<main_program/>
</file_ref>
<file_ref>
<file_name>brook64.dll</file_name>
</file_ref>
</app_version>

</app_info>

Mike029
04-07-11, 05:35 PM
http://www.arkayn.us/milkyway/

I used this one on my vista machine without a problem. Is there something else I need to do or other files I need to download?

"version 0.23 64-bit: ATI
5800 series must use Catalyst 9.3 and above and use the ATI version"

Thanks Max

Maxwell
04-07-11, 05:44 PM
That *should* be it. I got mine from here (http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=1657), and I know those work...

DrPop
04-07-11, 05:56 PM
Mike, if you get it working good, please let me know, and I'll put that same opti app on these two rigs here, especially if DNETC is going south for a while.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, which driver version are you using these days? I was having trouble with the latest ones, so I'm back to Ver. 10.10 on both DrPop and Kat rigs now, but I dunno if that's just something wrong with my builds or what?
Thanks.

Maxwell
04-07-11, 06:13 PM
I was rocking 10.10 with that app.

Mumps
04-07-11, 09:17 PM
Actually, I thought they indicated that with the .40 release, the old Opti Apps were obsolete and would no longer work.

Maxwell
04-07-11, 09:31 PM
Actually, I thought they indicated that with the .40 release, the old Opti Apps were obsolete and would no longer work.
That may be true - I remember that as well, but was off MW, so I didn't look into it too much. It may also have just been for CPU...

DrPop
04-08-11, 02:34 AM
Hmmm...OK, well, if the gurus could figure out whatever we need to do to maximize production between MW and Collatz, it'd be much appreciated, because it's looking like DNETC is down for the count - until thy get their server back!

-GER-
04-08-11, 07:43 AM
I picked up a 5770, a bit of an upgrade over gts240 but had to add Cosair 700PS and new hd. I've oc'd it about as much as MSI Afterburner lets me. Is there any opti apps for ATI and Collatz? With Dnetc being down and MW not running on 5770's I don't have too many options until I can get a better card.

Thanks

Mike029
04-08-11, 09:55 AM

I'm running the opti app without problems on my Vista ultimate 64 box. MW is down now and I have 400 wu to ul when the come back up. I'll try it and post my results.

Maxwell
04-08-11, 12:43 PM
I picked up a 5770, a bit of an upgrade over gts240 but had to add Cosair 700PS and new hd. I've oc'd it about as much as MSI Afterburner lets me. Is there any opti apps for ATI and Collatz? With Dnetc being down and MW not running on 5770's I don't have too many options until I can get a better card.

Thanks
The Opti apps for Collatz are linked on their main page. However, you don't really need them, since the stock apps are the same as the opti apps. Only reason to bother is that you'll have a pre-made app_info file to let you run two WUs at a time (not worth it since Slicker upped the size of the WUs) or raise the CPU priority (which makes little to no difference due to the way Collatz is coded). Long story short: probably not worth the effort. :cool:

-GER-
04-08-11, 03:41 PM
Ok, thanks Maxwell.
I'll leave Collatz as is and cross fingers dnetc comes back soon.[-O<