PDA

View Full Version : Milkyway: ATI application updated to 0.60

RSS
04-12-11, 03:00 PM
This should fix the slowdown on Windows if you have a high CPU load. You can now configure the polling mode sort of like what the old one had. The --gpu-target-frequency is similar to the -f flag the old one had. The default is 30 hz. This can be used in place of the --responsiveness-factor one I added in the last minor release (or in addition to, although I don't know why you would want to. I would recommend using this one instead and I'll probably remove the other at some point). The --gpu-polling-mode is similar to the -b flag the old one had. A negative integer will use busy waiting and have a high CPU load (like what always happened in 0.58). 0 will use the same method that was used in 0.59. A positive integer > 0 sets the polling frequency in milliseconds. The default now is to poll every 1 ms which seems to have solved the slowdowns with a high cpu load without increasing the cpu usage much.

More... (http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=2353)

Crazybob
04-22-11, 04:24 PM
Has anyone had any problems with WU's freezing and sitting there? I've now found it twice. Yesterday this machine sat for 8 hrs doing nothing. I just found it happening agaian and now I'm leaving, so if it happens again, machine sits idle until Monday.