PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Ricky Moore
05-16-11, 07:16 AM
Went to the Facebook page for the Team and saw this:

This group is scheduled to be archived

Over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. Moving forward, you can create groups using the new groups format, which makes it easy to share with the important groups in your life.

Someone may need to look into this!

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39475935417&v=info

YoDude9999
05-16-11, 09:36 AM
Twitter, Facebook, Skype and all that other junk, I have NO use for whatsoever.
Others may consider it important, so thanks for the heads up.

Yo-

Crazybob's Son
05-16-11, 11:12 AM
Twitter, Facebook, Skype and all that other junk, I have NO use for whatsoever.
Others may consider it important, so thanks for the heads up.

Yo-

Yo,

We have actually picked up a few members on the boards here and for the team through the Facebook group. All the social media options are huge in this day and age for recruiting and advertisement. I will have to look into what this means for the FB group and see what we'll have to do to create a new group.

- Jason aka CBS

DrPop
05-16-11, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys...yeah, we need to take a look at what S.Germany is doing with theirs. I don't use it much myself, actually, but...I dunno if anyone else noticed, but when checking the Pentathlon stats, I was amazed at how many "likes" and followers they had...must work pretty good for keeping their folks updated.

c303a
05-16-11, 11:25 AM
I don't use facebook or twitter,but I sure make use of Skype. It is better then trying to "chat" by typing and reading. Plus with my cheap $40 Logitech camera I can talk and see the other person anywhere in the world for free. Can't beat the price. Plus with my wife being from Italy it sure saves on the phone bill. We use Vonage for the long distance phone service but she still like to see her relatives face to face. I think Skype is a great tool.

trigggl
05-16-11, 06:13 PM
The more Facebook changes, it seems the harder they are to use. For instance, when I click on friends, I'm looking for a list of friends I already have not new ones. I might just want to talk to a friend I already have.

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 06:19 PM
Aha You want a FB made for you. So you are asking to much. The FB is made by them for them. Would you make it different. I will vote in you. Pitty FB is not a Democracy but nothing it is or better really it is...

Duke
Freedoom is something we must fight for all the time.

joker
05-16-11, 08:11 PM
Im with Yo on this one.

YoDude9999
05-16-11, 09:41 PM
Don't get me wrong here. If it helps the Team, I have no problem with it.

I like my life private except for what I'm willing to share. I don't see any need whatsoever to go around splattering myself all over the world just because there's a popular way to do it. 'Nuff said.

Yo-

joker
05-16-11, 10:29 PM
Did I mention that I am with Yo on this one?? :p;)

Duke of Buckingham
05-16-11, 11:29 PM
Can I be with yo to :-Bb-(