PDA

View Full Version : A computer none of us will ever own

Maxwell
05-27-11, 01:55 PM
But is kinda cool anyway...

A PC the Size of your Phone Jack? (http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/01/a_pc_the_size_o.php)

Dandasarge
05-27-11, 05:09 PM
Dang every office in the country will be using these in 10 years. Welcome to the cloud!

Mike029
05-29-11, 11:47 AM
Dang every office in the country will be using these in 10 years. Welcome to the cloud!

Every new home build will have these installed. How long Ten years? Perhaps sooner.

YoDude9999
05-29-11, 12:13 PM
As long as it doesn't restrict me in what I want to do, I suppose I'm okay with it.
A few of the posts left by others on the site had some good valid points about pros and cons.

Yo-

Fire$torm
05-29-11, 04:39 PM
In a word...... "YUCK!" :-&

Maybe in a few years after they improve the GUI. I mean, come on, it uses the worlds most insecure, bug ridden browser as its only interface? Not in this life. If it used Google Chrome.... maybe. They would be much better off using a custom Linux OS with FireFox, Thunderbird & Open Office. That would be much more secure, require a fraction of the system resources and reduce the overall cost per unit.

Sorry for the hostility.......

joker
05-29-11, 05:11 PM
Don't mince words F$......how do you really feel? ;)

Maxwell
05-29-11, 05:15 PM
In a word...... "YUCK!" :-&

Maybe in a few years after they improve the GUI. I mean, come on, it uses the worlds most insecure, bug ridden browser as its only interface? Not in this life. If it used Google Chrome.... maybe. They would be much better off using a custom Linux OS with FireFox, Thunderbird & Open Office. That would be much more secure, require a fraction of the system resources and reduce the overall cost per unit.

Sorry for the hostility.......
Well in that case... http://people.mozilla.com/~prouget/ie9/ie9_vs_fx4.html

YoDude9999
06-05-11, 09:52 PM
I think browsers are somewhat like religion. You get brainwashed into thinking a certain way and then you're hooked forever.

No offense meant to anyone, of course.

Yo-

Maxwell
06-05-11, 10:01 PM
I think browsers are somewhat like religion. You get brainwashed into thinking a certain way and then you're hooked forever.

Yo-
Well, sure. My neighbor uses IE, so I promised one of the local kids 72 Pokemon in heaven if he'd run into my neighbor's computer room and cause a massive power surge.:cool:

John P. Myers
06-08-11, 09:06 PM

Yo-

Actually, testing and personal experience prove with indisputable facts that IE is rated PG (which stands for Pure Garbage). Firefox and Google Chrome are the most efficient, and best performing internet browsers available. They respond faster, load faster, switch faster, and all the while use far less RAM than IE. Download one. You can see for yourself :)

It should also be pointed out there were more downloads of Firefox than IE9, even though they shove it onto everyone's computers :D

Slicker
06-10-11, 10:32 AM
As long as the keyboard isn't the same relative size, I'd get one.