PDA

View Full Version : Is there something going on at PG?

Crazybob
06-16-11, 04:12 PM
I Haven't checked my main cruncher in over a week except to see that it's still running and crunching work. As far as I knew it was fine. Just checked stats for PG and my output went from 770,000 to 90,000. It has been that way since the 7th. Gots to get home and see what's what.

Bryan
06-16-11, 04:27 PM
No CB, I have seen no change ... it has been very steady. If you are running something like a GTX 570 check the clock rate ... occaisonally they either get hot or glitch and they will "downclock" themselves. It is a "protection" feature. Use GPU-Z and look at the "sensor" clockrate and that will tell the story. The 1st page or MSI AB will only tell you what it is set to, not what it is actually running.

Fire$torm
06-16-11, 04:58 PM
No CB, I have seen no change ... it has been very steady. If you are running something like a GTX 570 check the clock rate ... occaisonally they either get hot or glitch and they will "downclock" themselves. It is a "protection" feature. Use GPU-Z and look at the "sensor" clockrate and that will tell the story. The 1st page or MSI AB will only tell you what it is set to, not what it is actually running.

Hey Bryan,

Not bust'n your chops here but if you configure AB's hardware monitor for GPU Core Clock it will display the clk spd in realtime plus you can have AB display it in the Windows system tray.

Edit: Here is AB's config page.

Bryan
06-16-11, 05:34 PM
Hey Bryan,

Not bust'n your chops here but if you configure AB's hardware monitor for GPU Core Clock it will display the clk spd in realtime plus you can have AB display it in the Windows system tray.

Yeh F$ you ARE busting my chops but it is okay. Never too old to learn, the problem is remembering it :)) I'm glad to know that one because I have had my 570s downclock on me and when I checked AB it looked like everything was running correctly!

Crazybob
06-16-11, 08:02 PM
Talk about getting old. I had a trial program I was using on there and to keep using it, I changed the system clock. Needless to say, I didn't change it back and BOINC got confused and didn't send or receive. I had 150 finished WU on there, but don't think I got any credit for it. Ddooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:mad::o

Crazybob
06-16-11, 08:06 PM
Looks like I got credit for most of them so maybe not a total loss.

Maxwell
06-16-11, 09:04 PM
What did we learn? Computers are for crunching. If you want a machine to actually USE, buy a new one. But make sure you crunch with it...