PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Folks. Come by our chat channel.

Maxwell
06-18-11, 02:48 AM
Yes, we have a chat time. But really, that's nothing more than a time we try to encourage everyone to join. Really, most of us who are there during chat times are ALWAYS there. So you should stop by whenever you have a chance and want to chat with others. It's fun.

1. diven, MaxwellDeux (me), Mumps, Tank_Master, and paul_l (a friend from another team) are pretty much always in the channel
2. zombie67, dandasarge, and Yoyo (yes, THAT Yoyo) check in more often than not.
3. Several other folks stop by regularly (too many to name).
4. We talk about all sorts of stuff.
5. We're good people. Except zombie67. He eats brains.
6. We like it when new people stop by, and want more people to do so.

Instructions:

1. Install FireFox
2. Install the "Chatzilla 0.9.87" add-on for FireFox
3. Open Chatzilla (Tools menu in FF)
4. Pick a unique nickname...
5. Type in "/attach chat.freenode.net"
6. Once the channel comes up, hit Ctrl-J.
7. This brings up a list of teams. Type "#team_seti.usa" in the "Quick Search" box and click Join.
8. If you see names on the left like MaxwellDeux (me), jimbojones (our bot), diven (our teammate who runs the channel), Tank_Master, and/or Mumps, you're in the right spot.
9. If you want to make sure we see what you type, be sure to use our chat username in what you say. For example, "Max's mom is a whore!" will not guarantee I see it. "MaxwellDeux's mom is a whore!" will guarantee I see it. ;)

Duke of Buckingham
06-18-11, 05:42 AM
Yes, we have a chat time. But really, that's nothing more than a time we try to encourage everyone to join. Really, most of us who are there during chat times are ALWAYS there. So you should stop by whenever you have a chance and want to chat with others. It's fun.

1. diven, MaxwellDeux (me), Mumps, Tank_Master, and paul_l (a friend from another team) are pretty much always in the channel
2. zombie67, dandasarge, and Yoyo (yes, THAT Yoyo) check in more often than not.
3. Several other folks stop by regularly (too many to name).
4. We talk about all sorts of stuff.
5. We're good people. Except zombie67. He eats brains.
6. We like it when new people stop by, and want more people to do so.

Instructions:

1. Install FireFox
2. Install the "Chatzilla 0.9.87" add-on for FireFox
3. Open Chatzilla (Tools menu in FF)
4. Pick a unique nickname...
5. Type in "/attach chat.freenode.net"
6. Once the channel comes up, hit Ctrl-J.
7. This brings up a list of teams. Type "#team_seti.usa" in the "Quick Search" box and click Join.
8. If you see names on the left like MaxwellDeux (me), jimbojones (our bot), diven (our teammate who runs the channel), Tank_Master, and/or Mumps, you're in the right spot.
9. If you want to make sure we see what you type, be sure to use our chat username in what you say. For example, "Max's mom is a whore!" will not guarantee I see it. "MaxwellDeux's mom is a whore!" will guarantee I see it. ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2067/1853811158_27dfcaface.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQApmjP6qywo0BvaKmaKLh0twmRcjjn0 oPV4K60yj2Tr19WTG7K&t=1