PDA

View Full Version : Dissappearing Posts.

Crazybob
11-10-10, 11:15 AM
I had just finished doing the updates for Birthdays, New Members and UOTD, when I looked back and my first 2 posts had dissappeared? Not sure what happened. Pain in the but though since I'm keeping both web-sites updated.

zombie67
11-10-10, 01:03 PM
Yep, I noticed the same thing. I posted a new thread in the WCG sub- forum yesterday. It's not there now. Not sure what happened to it.

Mr. Hankey
11-10-10, 02:32 PM
Hmm.... I haven't been doing anything :confused: Are you sure you guys used the post button correctly :-??:P

I don't know why that would be.

Crazybob
11-10-10, 03:53 PM
Wasn't pointing any fingers, just seemed weird. I don't know how to use the submit button wrong? Even when I had looked at recent posts, they were there and then they weren't. Don't know if it was some server maintenance that was taking place or what.

Bok
11-10-10, 04:27 PM
nope, no maintenance has been happening at all.

There are cronjobs as part of vBulletin that routinely run - they do things like checking for reminder emails, daily digest, rss posting etc etc but I've not heard of any that prune posts at all.

I just checked through the logs and see nothing showing. Can't say I've ever seen it on other vBulletin sites. Could be an obscure bug in 4.0.8 I suppose?

If you see it again, take note of the last post you seen, or add a new post. Hover over the Edit Post and note down the p=xxxx number in the url, this one is P=1146 for instance, that might help track it down.

Mr. Hankey
11-10-10, 04:57 PM
Wasn't pointing any fingers, just seemed weird. I don't know how to use the submit button wrong? Even when I had looked at recent posts, they were there and then they weren't. Don't know if it was some server maintenance that was taking place or what.

Sorry bob, I was just trying to be funny... fail. For a guy with 11k posts I don't think the post button is an issue.

Maxwell
11-10-10, 05:09 PM
Sorry bob, I was just trying to be funny... fail. For a guy with 11k posts I don't think the post button is an issue.
Well maybe it is, and that's why he has 11k posts... ;)

Crazybob
11-11-10, 08:19 AM
Wasn't trying to be negative either. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to submit a post wrong, let me in on it. Might come in handy down the road.:) Was just an odd situation where I knew I had made the posts already and even seen them in the recent posts list and then when I came back to make another post, they were gone. Like not hitting the save button.:o