PDA

View Full Version : Team Founder

Maxwell
11-13-10, 10:42 PM
Since only the team founder can sign up for challenges, it might behoove us to transfer foundership over to a more active team member. Especially if BJ is happy and anxious just to be a casual team member again... ;)

From my understanding, either BJ can do this, or one of the admins can message the folks at WCG to move it. I bring this up and post it here because it would be nice if SETI.USA signed up for the Christmas Challenge there, even if we just let the "set and forget" crunchers there hold us. At least we'd get our name up over there...

shiva
11-13-10, 11:40 PM
Really I think an admin can request the transfer from the team project page and if bj doesn't stop it it will happen automaticly, but I think he has 28 days to reply.

zombie67
11-13-10, 11:47 PM
WCG is different....in many ways.

shiva
11-14-10, 12:03 AM
that is true I didn't go look at it but I will.

shiva
11-14-10, 12:23 AM
looks like it is going to take a request to the projects admins. :( course most of the things are harder on that project than any other

DrPop
11-14-10, 09:53 PM
LAF is having this exact same problem. They said if an Admin requests it, WCG can get the account access changed in 14 days. That's the fastest, period.

We better get a hop on it if we want it to all work out in time. I would crunch the challenge, and I know the S.G. clan is anxious for us to smoke them there...er...I mean, show up. :D

BlkJack-21
11-23-10, 01:51 PM
I have an idea....why don't you just ask?!?!?!

I can sign up for all of the challenges, like we did in the past....but no it is simpler not to ask me and request a founder transfer.

geeesh

Maxwell
11-23-10, 02:05 PM
I have an idea....why don't you just ask?!?!?!

Because you haven't responded to emails and PMs I've sent in the past. Because it's been two seeks since you last logged in. Because we've entirely given up on this idea and are going to support Team Musketeers for this challenge. Because people have asked in open forums to be signed up for challenges in the past without any success.

Mike029
11-23-10, 05:02 PM
Now that this is an active topic again how about we start a discussion about a founder account like other teams have.
A separate Founders account will allow the admins. access to a master account that they could log into and handle the day to day ops. I'm sure there are enough dedicated, trusted members that could have access and be willing to take on this massive responsibility to help out BJ. This team is huge and needs more than one guy to handle the load. My 2 cents.*-:)

Mr. Hankey
11-23-10, 05:45 PM
Tank_Master & Terra setup a generic founder account on many of the projects:

User name: Team SETI.USA
CPID: 7e91997f115affe1ad1f0c0c3f799a9f

The email for this account is setup for our shared admin contact email.

BlkJack-21
11-23-10, 07:29 PM
...Because it's been two seeks since you last logged in..

which forum are you referring to? If you are talking about this new board I've been checking in at least 2x/week since I first registered.

Maxwell
11-23-10, 11:52 PM
which forum are you referring to? If you are talking about this new board I've been checking in at least 2x/week since I first registered.
Apologies. I just checked the date of your last post.

Ricky Moore
12-01-10, 04:18 PM
Fact is we been asking to be signed up for the Race when heard about it!

Now that I went over to ANOTHER Team to join the race it helps them more then us. As we are not to worried about WCG because it don't pay well in credits/points.

On the other hand it makes no since for us to jump into the race and drop it afterwards just to see the teams we past during the race past us within a year after the race!

BJ if you are going to be the Team Founder for WCG GREAT! If not help find someone else!

To the Team If we are NOT going to keep up what we gain in a race poor credits or not then we don't need to join a race just to end up where we are now. If I remember we gain 3 positions during the race last year and over this past year lost them!

PS Don't mean to make anyone mad it's just my 2 cents worth.

Fire$torm
07-11-11, 06:32 PM
Me thinks its time to give this a BUMP!!!