PDA

View Full Version : Why no nested quotes?

DrBob
12-08-10, 12:53 PM
Why is the new board stripping nested quotes? This makes it rather confusing when trying to explain things as the quoted's quotes do not show up. I understand it may "keep things cleaner looking" and reduce the length of thread but IMHO one or two levels of nested quotes are beneficial to those using the boards.

Maxwell
12-08-10, 01:03 PM
On the bottom right of a post, there is the "multiquote this message" button which you can use to get around the issue and get multiple quotes to show up.

But I agree - I'd like nested quotes, too...

DrBob
12-08-10, 01:10 PM
On the bottom right of a post, there is the "multiquote this message" button which you can use to get around the issue and get multiple quotes to show up.

But I agree - I'd like nested quotes, too... In my experience that will allow one to quote multiple postings in the thread (which is nice) but does nothing for the issue of nested quotes. :(

Maxwell
12-08-10, 01:20 PM

But I agree - I'd like nested quotes, too...

In my experience that will allow one to quote multiple postings in the thread (which is nice) but does nothing for the issue of nested quotes. :(
Agreed - but at least you can get everything you need to quote in a post. Not ideal, but better than nothing...

And it looks like you can nest, but you have to manually move the "quote" tags around to get it to work.

DrBob
12-08-10, 01:30 PM
OK, I concede your point.
Apparently one can cut & paste to get things to work the way they naturally should but I’m lazy, when you get to be my age you will understand. :))

Also if the quote in question first appeared in the message your quoting your trick will not work as there are not multiple posts to quote. One needs to go back to the post being quoted and cut & past the information and include the appropriate tags.

phpBB nested by default, I’m hoping there is someway to get vBulletin to do the work.