PDA

View Full Version : eBay...

STMahlberg
01-03-11, 01:23 PM
I had read in the past that some here have purchased computer parts at eBay. I am looking to make some purchases from there and wanted to know if anyone has recommendations from who to buy that is legit.

Thanks

Dandasarge
01-03-11, 02:39 PM
Ebay is all about the feed back, if you look in it and they have lumps of low dollar feedbacks or the feedback seem to be from a group of the same people its best to avoid. I've had a couple issues with different things but have always used pay-pal and they have sorted it out for me.

I also often question something about an item just to see the response. I feel if they are likely to respond to questions then they are likely to be real. As far as legit v's stolen there really is no way to tell. Maybe dell computers or something with a serial but when it comes to components there really isn’t anyway to tell. I’ve bought everything from usb 50c adapters to cars/trucks. The only time I’ve had issues has always been with audio equipment. I will probably never buy a radio/ speaker’s exc. again except from one of those knock off Chinese eBay stores.

Fire$torm
01-03-11, 04:04 PM
Ebay is all about the feed back, if you look in it and they have lumps of low dollar feedbacks or the feedback seem to be from a group of the same people its best to avoid. I've had a couple issues with different things but have always used pay-pal and they have sorted it out for me.

I also often question something about an item just to see the response. I feel if they are likely to respond to questions then they are likely to be real. As far as legit v's stolen there really is no way to tell. Maybe dell computers or something with a serial but when it comes to components there really isn’t anyway to tell. I’ve bought everything from usb 50c adapters to cars/trucks. The only time I’ve had issues has always been with audio equipment. I will probably never buy a radio/ speaker’s exc. again except from one of those knock off Chinese eBay stores.
+1 Right on the money. Also keep in mind that when a seller's feedback score is in the thousands and they sell mostly new items then its fair to say they are legit. You can always click on a sellers score to view the actual feedback from buyers and many times view the listings for that feedback.

Spankinmonkee
01-03-11, 04:48 PM
Always send a message to the seller asking to verify with a return message...if its a fraud ad Ebay then catches it from my experience.

STMahlberg
01-03-11, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys.