PDA

View Full Version : World Community Grid: 2013 Member Study: Findings and Next Steps

RSS
08-19-13, 11:12 AM
Overview of the findings from the March 2013 member study and how World Community Grid is changing in response to this valuable member feedback.

More... (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=323)

John P. Myers
08-20-13, 01:12 AM
Dunno if anyone read this, but you might want to. Especially F$ and Fogle. There's some important/interesting stuff here.

Bryan
08-20-13, 01:15 AM
Hmmm, and no one mentioned poor credits?

John P. Myers
08-20-13, 06:11 AM
Hmmm, and no one mentioned poor credits?

They did. 3 times actually :D It's in the slides. Seems what they're pushing for is the WCG credits matching the BOINC credits. No more of this 1/7 garbage. New badges were also mentioned a couple of times.

denim
08-20-13, 10:24 AM
They did. 3 times actually :D It's in the slides. Seems what they're pushing for is the WCG credits matching the BOINC credits. No more of this 1/7 garbage. New badges were also mentioned a couple of times.
That would really pick up interest in the project. I hope I can land enough BETA WU's to carry me over into a badge.

Fire$torm
08-20-13, 01:04 PM
My issue with the survey is how skewed it could be in regards to community representation. 15K+ respondents? Out of how many active users? My worry is with all the "DA" acolyte types trying to speak for the majority. Too bad we can't ship them all off to the next Ground Zero event.......

Anyhoot, I'll take a look-see.