PDA

View Full Version : Free Dc Stats Mega Milestone meanings

Pwrguru
09-02-13, 10:35 PM
I know it has been explained before, but what do all those stats mean ?? What is a Viao or a MiRB or a Clank just to name a few ??

John P. Myers
09-03-13, 03:13 AM
I know it has been explained before, but what do all those stats mean ?? What is a Viao or a MiRB or a Clank just to name a few ??

Trigggls : Having 10000 - 10100 credits in a project.
Boks : Having 100000 - 101000 credits in a project.
Teraboks : Having 1000000 - 1010000 credits in a project.

Maxwells: Having at least half the milestone count of the #1 person in a category. For example: in the 500k category, let's say the #1 person has 70 projects. If you have at least 35, you get a Maxwell.

Clanks: number of projects you've earned credit in during the past 28 days.

Vaios: number of projects where you rank in the top 5 based on your join date.

MiRBs: number of milestone categories in which you rank in the top 1000, excluding the MiRB category itself.

With the exception of MiRBs and Boks(though he's an honorary team member in my book), the stats are named after the SETI.USA team members who came up with them.

denim
09-03-13, 01:38 PM
Of those, the one I try the hardest on is the Vaio's, as it shows to me how much I am working on the projects I am attached to compared to others within the same timeline.

Mumps
09-03-13, 06:42 PM
Now if only someone would fess up to what the MM Badge signifies. :)

Not sure I can explain why I have Emerald but Ste\/e and zombie67 only have Ruby. :)

Bok
09-03-13, 10:04 PM
It's the number of MM's you have :)

&mmbadges('freedc',' ',5,10,'bronze.png');
&mmbadges('freedc',' ',10,15,'silver.png');
&mmbadges('freedc',' ',15,20,'gold.png');
&mmbadges('freedc',' ',20,25,'emerald.png');
&mmbadges('freedc',' ',25,30,'ruby.png');
&mmbadges('freedc',' ',35,40,'sapphire.png');

Mumps
09-03-13, 11:03 PM
Thanks BOK! Didn't make sense to me because I thought it looked like I had Emerald, but Ste\/e and zombie67 had Ruby. And, at least for WuProp, Emerald is better than Ruby.

But then I started looking around and I see there's very little rhyme or reason to the precious stone (http://www.swissgemlab.com/EducationPages/EducationDetailPage.aspx?pcid=331&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1) classifications...

NumberFields = Sapphire->Ruby-Emerald->Diamond
WuProp = Ruby->Emerald->Sapphire
Collatz = Amethyst->Ruby->Sapphire->Emerald
YoYo = Blue->Red->Green (OK, not semi-precious stones at all. :)) )
PrimeGrid = Amethyst->Ruby->Turquoise->Jade
Wildlife = AmethRuby->SaphTurq->JadeEm (WTF??? :)) )
FreeDC = Emerald->Ruby->Sapphire

Just for examples. Leaving, at least me, confused as to what's better to have. :)

Mumps
09-03-13, 11:43 PM

Ummmm... What if you have between 30 and 35 MM's? And aren't there only 28 MM classifications in the first place? That's all the individual categories that show up if you expand the MM Stat's thingy in the left column on your account page. :rolleyes:

Bok
09-04-13, 01:26 AM
yup, there is only 28 currently. If and when there are more possible, I'll add another category..

I have on my todo list a page showing every project that has badges with a list oh those badges and levels and where you currently are with them..

trigggl
09-04-13, 07:12 AM
yup, there is only 28 currently. If and when there are more possible, I'll add another category..

I have on my todo list a page showing every project that has badges with a list oh those badges and levels and where you currently are with them..

I seem to have a few WCG badges showing in my badge list that I actually have. In fact, some of those projects I've never crunched.

http://stats.free-dc.org/badgesbanner.php?cpid=3a8ef22ebb31c19b2666d00dcad8 af99

Bok
09-04-13, 08:47 AM
Hmm, I think there is some logic issue in my script, I've made a couple of changes to see if it corrects it and also re-ran it on yours. There were other entries with your cpid but a different ID it was picking up, so I think it was a variable not being initialized.

Let me know if it goes wrong again.

I seem to have a few WCG badges showing in my badge list that I actually have. In fact, some of those projects I've never crunched.

http://stats.free-dc.org/badgesbanner.php?cpid=3a8ef22ebb31c19b2666d00dcad8 af99

trigggl
09-04-13, 01:38 PM
Hmm, I think there is some logic issue in my script, I've made a couple of changes to see if it corrects it and also re-ran it on yours. There were other entries with your cpid but a different ID it was picking up, so I think it was a variable not being initialized.

Let me know if it goes wrong again.

Is it possible it was picking up badges earned by a host when switched from one user to another? I was getting some help there for a little while.

Bok
09-04-13, 02:03 PM
I don't believe so, just think the script was holding onto a variable for cpid across users, so when it came to a different user, it inserted the badge but had your cpid in that variable still. The badge code itself uses the cpid to group everything together so picked those up too.. There is a good chance that there are other occurrences in the table. At some point I'm going to delete them all out and run the script for every user again (but this takes time as it has to go to the wcg site once for each and every user.

DrBackJack
05-31-14, 08:49 AM

Hiya Bok,

Can you explain this some more to non tech pc people ??
This seems to be some kind of mystery within the team.
Mega Million is what ? 2 million on a project or one million ?
or does it mean how many projects you have over 5 million or more ?
See what I mean and the confusion on this ?
Nobody I have asked seems to know how this works.
Is there someplace this is posted with specifics ?
Us small guys need to know......

The MM badge is some kool stuff by the way and looks good.
Digging it here !

Bok
05-31-14, 12:03 PM
The MM badges are for how many MM categories you have an entry in. So if you are on the 10K, 25K, 50K, 100K and 500K MM's you'd be in 5 categories and would earn the bronze badge. More categories gets you higher badges :)

Maxwell
05-31-14, 12:25 PM
I was certainly proud the other day when I discovered that I'm apparently the number one "bozo" in the world. Seems appropriate.

DrBackJack
05-31-14, 12:55 PM
The MM badges are for how many MM categories you have an entry in. So if you are on the 10K, 25K, 50K, 100K and 500K MM's you'd be in 5 categories and would earn the bronze badge. More categories gets you higher badges :)

Ok got the bronze part.
You guys have to say...
That little MM badge is some kool stuff huh.
Thanks Bok.

STE\/E
06-15-14, 07:24 AM

Still doesn't make much sense, too me anyway ... I've never paid any attention Free Dc Stats Mega Milestones because of that ... It's all to confusing to try & figure it all out ...

Maxwell
08-13-14, 12:09 PM
What is this new "RankC" column that has shown up in the MM table? It ends up being somewhere between RankT (rank on the team) and RankP (rank across all BOINC users), but I can't figure it out...

Bok
08-13-14, 12:15 PM
Rank within Country..

Maxwell
08-13-14, 12:22 PM
Rank within Country..
Of course! Thanks. I figured the "C" stood for a word that started with C, but my brain has not yet fully engaged this morning.

Maxwell
10-02-14, 01:49 PM
OK. I'm too tired to figure this out, so I have to ask: What are the new "sub10k" "sub100k" "sub1M" categories?

Bok
10-02-14, 02:06 PM
subprojects...

Maxwell
10-03-14, 02:33 PM
subprojects...
Admittedly stupid question: Which projects have subprojects that go into these calculations? I have:

Bitcoin
Primegrid
NFS
Oproject
Yoyo

Bok
10-03-14, 02:52 PM
Here you go. Some are unattainable of course... and some of the opr ones are a bit off because of the strange way they implement the export.

mysql> select proj,subproject from boinc_subproj order by proj;
+-------+------------------------------------------+
| proj | subproject |
| bit | Aquaponics (Campaign #1) |
| bit | Mars (Campaign #4) |
| bit | Milkyway (Campaign #3) |
| csg | DNA@Home |
| csg | SubsetSum@Home |
| csg | Wildlife@Home |
| nfs | 14e |
| nfs | 15e |
| nfs | 16e |
| opr | alx |
| opr | gcse-sv |
| opr | shor-dp |
| opr | shor-sp |
| opr | shor_comb |
| opr | weird-comb |
| opr | weird-odd |
| pgrid | 321_LLR |
| pgrid | 321_sr2sieve |
| pgrid | AP26 |
| pgrid | CUL |
| pgrid | Extended Sierpinski Project |
| pgrid | GCWSIEVE |
| pgrid | Generalized Fermat Prime Search |
| pgrid | PPS_LLR |
| pgrid | PPS_sr2sieve |
| pgrid | Project Staging Area |
| pgrid | PSP_LLR |
| pgrid | PSP_sr2sieve |
| pgrid | Seventeen or Bust |
| pgrid | Sierpinski / Riesel Base 5 Problem (LLR) |
| pgrid | Sophie Germain Search |
| pgrid | The Riesel Problem (LLR) |
| pgrid | The Riesel Problem (Sieve) |
| pgrid | TPS |
| pgrid | TPS_195000 |
| pgrid | TPS_333333 |
| pgrid | WOO |
| yoy | crunch |
| yoy | ecm |
| yoy | euler625 |
| yoy | evolutionathome |
| yoy | evorobots |
| yoy | harmtrees |
| yoy | muon |
| yoy | oddWeiredSearch |
45 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Maxwell
10-03-14, 03:02 PM
Thanks, Bok! Looks like I just left CSG off my list.

Mumps
10-03-14, 05:19 PM
What about Numberfields? So the Project isn't exporting the Bound/Unbounded apps as sub-projects?

Same for Ibercivis, CAS, Einstein (and Albert) as well as Seti? Even though they've got completely different science being done by multiple Apps, they don't get treated as sub-Projects by the Project exports...

Bok
10-03-14, 05:23 PM
Nope. It's a fairly recent code change to support in the base BOINC code. Prior to that PrimeGrid, Yoyo@Home,NFS@Home and Oproject implemented it themselves, so the base changes are pretty similar. But so far only Bitcoin and CSG have taken up the new code..

We need to push the other projects to implement it. I've asked in the past without response at some of them, though that was prior to it being incorporated in the software direct.

WCG would be the biggest candidate..but I've tried for a long time there.

pinhodecarlos
11-01-14, 09:27 AM
Here on my home connection (Virgin UK) I am having a lot of issues to load up Free-DC stats page. It keeps saying "Loading Stats Data..." At work it works. Please help.

Bok
11-01-14, 10:41 AM
Here on my home connection (Virgin UK) I am having a lot of issues to load up Free-DC stats page. It keeps saying "Loading Stats Data..." At work it works. Please help.

let me know the exact page you are trying to load? Are you perhaps not allowing javascript ?

pinhodecarlos
11-01-14, 10:48 AM
It is my firefox version. I tried with Chrome and it works. Need to check plug-ins.

Shadowlurker
03-18-16, 01:12 PM
What is a Gibson?

denim
03-21-16, 03:02 PM
What is a Gibson?

Beautiful guitar. The choice of Chuck Berry, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, The Edge, Peter Frampton, Dave Grohl, Arlo Guthrie, Tony Iommi, Joan Jett , B. B. King , Lenny Kravitz , , Robby Krieger, Bob Marley, Paul McCartney , Roy Orbison , Jimmy Page, Les Paul, Elvis, Randy Rhoads, Keith Richards, Mick Ronson, Nikki Sixx, Slash, George Thorogood , Pete Townshend, Zakk Wylde, Ronnie Wood , Angus Young, Neil Young, Frank Zappa.

zombie67
03-21-16, 05:10 PM
What is a Gibson?

The Gibson is a mixed drink made with gin and vermouth, and often garnished with a pickled onion. The oldest published recipe for the Gibson is found in the 1908 book, The World's Drinks And How To Mix Them by William Boothby.

John P. Myers
03-21-16, 05:56 PM
What is a Gibson?

The makers of performance exhaust systems and accessories (mufflers, headers, tips, cat-backs, etc.), which enhance the horsepower, torque and fuel efficiency over stock systems.

Dave gpu
03-21-16, 07:10 PM
Building the Gibson

Building the Gibson ... System) * Full-time Erlang Node * Boinc Client (to consume the idle time) * Condor (To add the system to the UA-Grid, ...

https://nocko.se/2009/03/01/building-the-gibson/

Fire$torm
03-21-16, 09:21 PM
What is a Gibson?

A fictional mainframe (Big Iron) computer form the 1995 movie "Hackers"
Movie Clip "Hack the Gibson"---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXBe2jTdx4

Mumps
03-21-16, 11:06 PM
Mel Gibson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/) is an actor best known for acting in many Action movies.

Gibson Praise
04-19-18, 01:18 PM
What is a Gibson?

A new forum member #-o