PDA

View Full Version : SETI.USA Toolbar

shiva
10-16-13, 04:16 PM
Some of you know that setiusa had a toolbar at one time, it seems that it has went by the way side. I used the toolbar back then and while I was at Team musketeers I helped maintain their toolbar. I have had my permission to help on theirs removed so I have built one for setiusa. The tool bar is made to use with boinc. The bar has a search option, a forums option with both setiusa and team musketeers forums and I can add any others that might be wanted, under the projects button you will find all active boinc projects that I know of, buttons for both FreeDC and Boinc Stats with different stats pages for both, a internet speed test button, mail notice button, weather and a radio. This is just the way I set it up things can be changed and if you have ideas let me know. Please feel free to give it a try it will give you instant access to a lot of boinc pages. You can download at http://setiusa.ourtoolbar.com/?Marketingchannelname=controlpanel_editTB&utm=controlpanel Please leave feedback, I have done this on my own and if it does not meet with team management approval I will remove the setiusa icon and change the name. Hope it is of some value to some of you.

Fire$torm
10-17-13, 05:47 PM
I don't use such things but still cool stuff. Thanks shiva.

shiva
10-17-13, 06:48 PM
Did you try it F$? it really works better than saving all those boinc pages you use everyday. :) I don't use them either except this one cause it takes me where I want to go. course you might want other pages too. I save all my work pages but the tool bar goes to all of those pages with me and I can go back to any boinc pages much quicker. I would encourage everyone to try it, if they think some other way is easier then I would like to know what that is.
your welcome

Mystic1231
12-30-13, 05:34 PM
Some of you know that setiusa had a toolbar at one time, it seems that it has went by the way side. I used the toolbar back then and while I was at Team musketeers I helped maintain their toolbar. I have had my permission to help on theirs removed so I have built one for setiusa. The tool bar is made to use with boinc. The bar has a search option, a forums option with both setiusa and team musketeers forums and I can add any others that might be wanted, under the projects button you will find all active boinc projects that I know of, buttons for both FreeDC and Boinc Stats with different stats pages for both, a internet speed test button, mail notice button, weather and a radio. This is just the way I set it up things can be changed and if you have ideas let me know. Please feel free to give it a try it will give you instant access to a lot of boinc pages. You can download at http://setiusa.ourtoolbar.com/?Marketingchannelname=controlpanel_editTB&utm=controlpanel Please leave feedback, I have done this on my own and if it does not meet with team management approval I will remove the setiusa icon and change the name. Hope it is of some value to some of you.

Shiva

Is this toolbar still available? I tried to download it and was not able to.

shiva
12-30-13, 08:09 PM
yes it should be I will check it out and see what is going on.

STE\/E
01-02-14, 03:03 PM
I installed the SETI.USA Toolbar but didn't see where it changed anything in/on my Browser ...

shiva
01-02-14, 03:17 PM
did you close and reopen your browser, if so I'm not sure what is going on. it should open with a restart of the browser.

STE\/E
01-02-14, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I've opened & closed the Firefox Browser many times since installing the SETI.USA Toolbar ...

shiva
01-02-14, 07:37 PM
I'll check things out, it should run on fire fox without any problems.

STE\/E
01-03-14, 02:34 PM
I installed it again & still nothngs changed in the FireFox Browser ...

shiva
01-03-14, 06:17 PM
hmmm I don't know much about firefox, but I did download it and installed the toolbar. everything installed fine for me. I did have some steps to go through that I didn't have in ie. first at the start of the install I just hit the skip all button to by pass the junk that conduit wants to install. then fire fox ask if I wanted to continue which I did. told me I needed to restart and I had the toolbar. I think there are different versions of firefox but I'm not sure of that. Installed on a 64bit box, haven't tried it on a 32 bit.

STE\/E
01-04-14, 03:11 AM
I'm trying it on a Windows 8.1 Box, maybe that's the reason it doesn't work for me ... ???