PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr

John P. Myers
11-29-13, 01:40 AM
In forum posts there's the option to upload an image or add a link to the url of an image.

In PMs, i get the URL option only. This is counterproductive to...certain things...

And while i'm here, can anything be done about the search? Having it tell me what thread my results were found in, only to then read each post on each of the 58 pages of posts in that thread until i find what i'm after is beyond aggrivating. I've been meaning to say something about this for a few years now...

[/rant]

Duke of Buckingham
11-29-13, 03:01 AM
In forum posts there's the option to upload an image or add a link to the url of an image.

In PMs, i get the URL option only. This is counterproductive to...certain things...

And while i'm here, can anything be done about the search? Having it tell me what thread my results were found in, only to then read each post on each of the 58 pages of posts in that thread until i find what i'm after is beyond aggrivating. I've been meaning to say something about this for a few years now...

[/rant]

You are very right JPM, how can a man speak without images? :(
Images improve the message and tell much more than words. :o

JPM on PMs you can put the image inside [/img] in and out, in fact I have posted images everywhere, it was my duty. =))

Searching posts is difficult but for some are more than for others. :p

http://www.themogulmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/facebook-page-posting-tips.jpg

Mumps
11-29-13, 08:09 AM
Well, zombi67 had that same complaint about searches a while back. Turns out you need to use the Advanced search and set your "Search Single Content Type" preferences for the option below. Default is to "Show Results as : Thread", but most people prefer Posts.

Show Results as:
Threads
John P. Myers
11-29-13, 11:08 AM
Well, zombi67 had that same complaint about searches a while back. Turns out you need to use the Advanced search and set your "Search Single Content Type" preferences for the option below. Default is to "Show Results as : Thread", but most people prefer Posts.

Show Results as:
Threads
PostsAh...tricky. I was using advanced but the "Search Single Content Type" button eluded me. Thank Mumps :)

Fire$torm
11-29-13, 04:31 PM

In PMs, i get the URL option only. This is counterproductive to...certain things...[/rant]

No need to blow a gasket my friend... :P

The answer is Dropbox. With it, you never have to deal with the clunky upload interface ever again.

F$