PDA

View Full Version : Projects down

Clank [MM]
01-28-14, 09:30 PM
Anybody hear anything about Oproject or Asteroids. They went down about the same time.,

Fire$torm
01-31-14, 02:43 PM
Asteroids is up and running. They had a server upgrade so that may have been the reason.

Edit: Oproject is also in good shape.

conf
02-18-14, 12:45 PM
DirT is down and my RAC too....

edit : 9 p.m. in Europe DirT is back !

finalfugue
02-21-14, 10:03 PM
I keep getting an SSL connection error for the Asteroids@Home site. Been having the issue most of the day.

Sorry Bruce Willis.

But I did see some credits posted today on Free-DC. As I'm still new I'm curious- are the app host servers and web interface servers typically on separate hardware, or is one service just hosed while another is working fine? Some projects seem shoestring while others quite elaborate and robust.

John P. Myers
02-22-14, 01:55 AM
Some projects have multiple upload/download servers with a different server for their website. Maybe the problem has been solved, but i just went to the Asteroids site without issue. I also checked their server status and everything is running. They have 94,100 tasks ready to send to you :)

finalfugue
02-22-14, 02:57 AM
Weird, because I just checked and can't access the site via my phone or laptop. I tried both at home and work on different devices. Given my region, I suspect some sort of Valve doomsday weapon Gabe is trying to obscure. Nice to know it's up elsewhere.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Al
02-22-14, 08:06 AM
Weird, because I just checked and can't access the site via my phone or laptop. I tried both at home and work on different devices. Given my region, I suspect some sort of Valve doomsday weapon Gabe is trying to obscure. Nice to know it's up elsewhere.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Don't feel alone, I'm seeing the same thing you are...no access.