PDA

View Full Version : pg straining my system

GregK
01-30-11, 10:15 AM
well finally cleaned out about an ounce of dust from my cpu cooler. dropped the temps alot! so i oc'ed back to 3.2 ghz.(btw anyone with a q94xx series cpu i challenge you to daily rac)! :) pm me if you want to compete in pg with me! anyway i had to drop down to 3 cores cause of lag and have to turn off gpu while in use or games wont play. and i play alot... any advice?

Beerdrinker
01-30-11, 10:48 AM
;6198']well finally cleaned out about an ounce of dust from my cpu cooler. dropped the temps alot! so i oc'ed back to 3.2 ghz.(btw anyone with a q94xx series cpu i challenge you to daily rac)! :) pm me if you want to compete in pg with me! anyway i had to drop down to 3 cores cause of lag and have to turn off gpu while in use or games wont play. and i play alot... any advice?

I seem to remember that there is a setting which allows GPU work after xx minutes...Also...A similar setting for CPU...Like "do not use more than xx % of cores"....Or something...

GregK
01-30-11, 10:53 AM
thanks beer ill look into that now for the gpu cpu is set at 99% 3 of the 4 cores for boinc. i need another g of ram 2 g isnt enough. i think thats part of the slowness. i have 2 gigs of nice corsair xms 2 being ddr2 i suppose i cant just get 1g prolly need a 2g set?

DrPop
01-30-11, 11:03 AM
Nice to see you posting again, Greg! Yes, you are correct. Does your mobo have 4 slots for RAM? If so, you can get (2) 1 GB sticks to add to your current 2 GB very reasonably priced these days.

GregK
01-30-11, 11:57 AM
:D its good to see you again drpop as well as my others friends here. i have visited infrequently but this time got sucked in. lol its because of what i saw being done here. the progress! people getting involved inspired me! i think this team is headed in a great direction! ya it has 4 slots when i play cod blk ops my memory goes into the red zone. lappy is worse. bills bills bills. someday.