PDA

View Full Version : Iimage Verification Graphic on the Registration Page

myshortpencil
10-26-14, 02:07 AM
The image verification graphic on our registration page is very difficult to discern. Recently, I joined the Hardware Canucks ("http://www.hardwarecanucks.com) forum and saw that they had a very slick human verification interface using Java. It was a 3 or 4 piece puzzle that a person slides into the correction positions. It takes a very few seconds to complete and seems to be very effective. Also, it is very easy to see and comprehend while thwarting bots. Perhaps we could add a script to our site to convert it to something easier than what we have for human verification.

Sarge104
10-26-14, 03:52 PM
From what I've seen on the graphic, mostly due to forgetting to turn caps lock off when logging in ;), you do get an option to refresh the graphic to something you can more readily see. While the puzzle idea may be a nice idea I have some concerns over wither or not it can be brute forced easier then the graphic option. Humans naturally have a capibility to see information even when it is "fuzzed" or scrambled slightly and I think the issue is keeping bots from flooding the website. The puzzle may make it easier for a bot to create accounts IMO.

Fire$torm
11-01-14, 10:58 PM
Sorry, changing the HVS is beyond my admin skills and permission level. If there is enough interest in something different, plz feel free to request help from Bok.