PDA

View Full Version : System 1 Back up and running

Dandasarge
02-15-11, 08:11 PM
My main rig is back online. Thanks to STMahlberg faster then ever. Hopefully full production will resume.

DrPop
02-15-11, 10:27 PM
Wow, sweet. Was that with the faster CPU?

Dandasarge
02-16-11, 07:20 AM
Yep, Going from 89w to 125w was just enough.. or maybe it was the 4 disk raid I put in a couple weeks ago.. So much quieter either way.

rgathright
02-16-11, 08:40 AM
Huge fan of 4 disc RAID 0 configurations over here. I must remind you that Access Time for RAID arrays is ALWAYS slower because of the overhead associated with them.
You must also be reminded that your CPU usage with any RAID system will go up unless you use a dedicated hardware raid card that handles the processing onboard. :cool:

Dandasarge
02-16-11, 10:35 AM
Huge fan of 4 disc RAID 0 configurations over here. I must remind you that Access Time for RAID arrays is ALWAYS slower because of the overhead associated with them.
You must also be reminded that your CPU usage with any RAID system will go up unless you use a dedicated hardware raid card that handles the processing onboard. :cool:

It became a need, I moved all my DVD's to hard disk. Having 2 small boys most kid movies were bing destroyed within a year. I was saving them as a .avi but as the tv's got better i've gone to keeping them at the 4.7gb size. I have XBMC loaded onto computers next to the tv then I just use a network drive. I'm not really worryed about performance loss. it is only used for movies so unless i'm saving or watching movies it never spins up.

rgathright
02-16-11, 11:12 AM
It became a need, I moved all my DVD's to hard disk. Having 2 small boys most kid movies were bing destroyed within a year. I was saving them as a .avi but as the tv's got better i've gone to keeping them at the 4.7gb size. I have XBMC loaded onto computers next to the tv then I just use a network drive. I'm not really worryed about performance loss. it is only used for movies so unless i'm saving or watching movies it never spins up.

I would be happy to send a 3TB hard drive over for you to make a backup of all those DVD's. Offsite backups are important, right? Just need to find some popcorn before I begin verifying each DVD is intact. :p

Dandasarge
02-22-11, 10:13 AM
System back down. Not sure what the issue is right now? Its either my ram or my bios. I can't touch any settings out of baseline without going down. Tonight I'm going to flash to the newest bios (big fear of mine). Hopefully it will fix my issue. Also going to upgrade my ram. I'm still running pc3200 who dose that?

Also got an hd 4550 installed at work wont do much but I’m hoping for an extra 5k. no idea what it will really do but the fan on my motherboards bridge is bigger then the fan on that video card. I also got a “broke” HD 2600 XT. 99% sure it was a driver issue but hey if they say no the video card is bad I’m not going to argue. If you tell the computer tech it’s bad he’s sure not going to fight with you over it. Esp if he gets to keep the “bad” parts.

Fire$torm
02-22-11, 10:25 AM
....Tonight I'm going to flash to the newist bios (big fear of mine). Hopefully it will fix my issue.

Good luck, I hope it works without issue. Flashing a system BIOS is not on my top 10 fav list. :-ss

...Also going to upgrade my ram. I'm still running pc3200 who dose that? Me :D And on another box PC2700 :P

Dandasarge
02-22-11, 07:40 PM
ok now running pc800. didn't fix the problem but changing the ram voltage did wonders!

Dandasarge
02-23-11, 08:21 PM
ok, Any time I mess with my clocks it crashes. At stock everything is fine but if i even overclock it 1% it will crash and i have to go in and clear the cmos and start again. any idea's on this?

rgathright
02-23-11, 09:01 PM
ok, Any time I mess with my clocks it crashes. At stock everything is fine but if i even overclock it 1% it will crash and i have to go in and clear the cmos and start again. any idea's on this?

Upload a screenshot of HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) running on the the computer.

I am thinking you either have a 12VDC rail or cpu heat issue. New processor installs often succumb to these problems.:-ss

joker
02-23-11, 09:02 PM
Another stupid question, have you tried moving the memory to different slots or loosening the timings? Might be a RAM bus issue......just a thought.

Dandasarge
02-23-11, 09:16 PM

Ok this is what i got

Dandasarge
02-23-11, 09:18 PM
Another stupid question, have you tried moving the memory to different slots or loosening the timings? Might be a RAM bus issue......just a thought.

I changed the ram but no I didn't change the spots. I have new ram and new PS