Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No avatars?

Diamond Member

No avatars?

There is no option to use an avatar. But I see that some people have them?

Past Administrator

Re: No avatars?

We will look into that, thank you!

Zombie, since you're up on projects - did I miss any of our big ones in the projects sub forums? I added any project we had more than 100Mil in off our Free-DC team stats.

Diamond Member

Let it grow organically. As people want to talk about more projects, they can create the thread for it. No point in creating something that no one will ever use, at least not until it is needed.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Point well taken - just wanted to start it off in an organized fashion, so that's the reason for the sub forums of all our team's "big" projects.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    We will look into that, thank you!
    In addition to the normal way to upload or link to avatar pictures, how about also allowing us to use gravitar, like the BOINC forums?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    In addition to the normal way to upload or link to avatar pictures, how about also allowing us to use gravitar, like the BOINC forums?
    Not sure what gravitar is, but avatars should be working for everyone are you not able to configure them in your profile?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Not sure what gravitar is, but avatars should be working for everyone are you not able to configure them in your profile?
    gravitar.com. If you go into your community preferences on any BOINC project (that is not still on ancient server code), one option is to use gravitar. It is a central place to set your avatar. And any forum that uses it will be updated automatically.

No, there is no option to use an avatar. There is a single radio button, "Do not use an avatar". There are no other options.

Should be fixed, try it again.

Past Administrator

I looked at the VBulletin FAQ, and it sounds like something the administrator has to allow for different kinds of users.

EDIT: You fixed it! Before, there was no option for "Custom Avatar" available.
    Thanks.

Diamond Member

Thanks! FYI, the max size is smaller than we had on the old forum. Old was 125x125, 19.4kb. This forum is 80x80, 19.5kb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast