Thread: 'Tis the season

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

'Tis the season

These are a couple of my favorite Christmas videos.

Rudolph the Redneck Reindeer by the Smokey Mountain Oyster Band (play it long enough to get to the funny part)...

Merry Christmas From the Family by Robert Earl Keen (Kaye, you should join SETI.USA )...

I have some more traditional favorites I'll post later.

Diamond Member

Re: 'Tis the season

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Re: 'Tis the season

I posted this over at TSBT too, but I like so much I thought it was worth sharing here too.

From Wiki...
    "Good King Wenceslas" is a popular Christmas carol that tells a story of a Bohemian king going on a journey and braving harsh winter weather to give alms to a poor peasant on the Feast of Stephen (December 26, the day after Christmas). During the journey, his page is about to give up the struggle against the cold weather, but is enabled to continue by following the king's footprints, step for step, through the deep snow. The legend is based on the life of the historical Saint Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia or Svatý Václav in Czech (907–935). The name Wenceslas is a Latinised version of the modern Czech language “Václav”.

In 1853, English hymnwriter John Mason Neale wrote the "Wenceslas" lyrics, in collaboration with his music editor Thomas Helmore, and the carol first appeared in Carols for Christmas-Tide, 1853.[1][2] Neale's lyrics were set to the melody of a 13th-century spring carol "Tempus adest floridum" ("The time is near for flowering") first published in the 1582 Finnish song collection Piae Cantiones.

This is William Shatner's version. I like it...