Thread: ATTENTION ALL FACEBOOK MEMBERS; Facebook App for BOINC milestones posting!

ATTENTION ALL FACEBOOK MEMBERS; Facebook App for BOINC milestones posting!

There is a cool Facebook app that Bok created. Every time you achieve a mega milestone, it posts a notice to your Facebook.com page. I have had several people see it and ask about it. "What is BOINC? What is project so-and-so?"

If you are on Facebook, add the app and show off your accomplishments!

http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=89761986536

Make sure you have your CPID ready so it can locate your BOINC milestones.
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Platinum Member

Re: ATTENTION ALL FACEBOOK MEMBERS; Facebook App for BOINC milestones posting!

I got in trouble when I first set it up because my parents thought I was playing games instead of working. Until I explained it...

And yeah - it's pretty awesome. But I deactivated in the same time I deactivated FB...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I got in trouble when I first set it up because my parents thought I was playing games instead of working. Until I explained it...

And yeah - it's pretty awesome. But I deactivated in the same time I deactivated FB...
    Sorry to hear you had to deactivate your Facebook. Whatever the reason was, we enjoy your participation here with the team!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Silver Member

Thanks for this post! I didn't know about this.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

Just added the milestones app!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to deactivate your Facebook. Whatever the reason was, we enjoy your participation here with the team!
    The reason was that I hate Facebook, especially the privacy settings. And since people generally avoid the "going to get some vacuuming done while my child is down for a nap" sorts of posts here, I like this forum...

Gold Member

this is a very cool app, I think I was the first person to sign up for it, at least that was the way I understood the email I got from Bok. I would be glad to add any of you guys, even though I don't do alot with FB. you should be able to find me under Rick Wheeler or here http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...?id=1155109914

Platinum Member

I have had it rolling for a while. Nice feature.

Silver Member

I got a stop playing on facebook at work e-mail's? i was like what are you talking about, they are like you keep posting your new high scores. It turns out it was the boinc thing.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we