Thread: PrimeGrid: Another PPS Mega Prime!

Diamond Member

PrimeGrid: Another PPS Mega Prime!

On 3 December 2016, 16:11:01 UTC, PrimeGrid’s PPS Mega Prime Search project found the Mega Prime:651*2^3337101+1The prime is 1,004,571 digits long and will enter Chris Caldwell's The Largest Known Primes Database ranked 192nd overall. The discovery was made by Konstantin Stanko (Pollux) of the Czech Republic using an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz with 16GB RAM, running Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. This computer took about 1 hour 8 minutes to complete the primality test using LLR. Konstantin is a member of the Czech National Team.The prime was verified on 3 December 2016, 16:24:31 UTC by Albert Symula (Albercik) of Poland using an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz with 8GB RAM, running Microsoft Windows 10 Professional. This computer took about 57 minutes to complete the primality test using LLR. Albert is a member of the BOINC@Poland team.For more details, please see the official announcement.

More...

Platinum Member

Re: PrimeGrid: Another PPS Mega Prime!

Why are we seeing these RSS feeds sometimes 2-3 times per message? Is it something wonky with the way the forums are reading the RSS feeds?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Why are we seeing these RSS feeds sometimes 2-3 times per message? Is it something wonky with the way the forums are reading the RSS feeds?
    I'll take a look...

Edit: Nothing looks out of wack on our end.
    Last edited by Al; 12-05-16 at 08:21 PM.

Diamond Member

I think PG has a few different feeds? I see the same thing in my RSS reader.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne