Thread: How to print from iPhones, iPads, Macs, android phones?

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

How to print from iPhones, iPads, Macs, android phones?

Been doing a little research about the options to print from iPads, iPhones and other tablets along with my existing Windows systems. Based on advice from others I purchased one of these Airprint compatible network print servers. Any other advice or comments?

Product info...http://www.lantronix.com/wp-content/...tServer_PB.pdf

I bought a used one at a reasonable price off ebay...http://www.ebay.com/itm/111938199033

Diamond Member

Re: How to print from iPhones, iPads, Macs, android phones?

While I have many iOS devices, I never print anything any more. Sorry!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

What kind of wireless transmitter do you have? Apple's soon to be discontinued airports are fantastic. Not all routers with wireless support the bonjour protocol. (Verizon aka Frontier being one of them). Otherwise as long as they're both on the same wifi it works well. Decent options, but to be safe I load paper based on what I'm printing: example photos app will send to the photo tray. Email will send to the main tray, etc.

Vic (mobile)

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

I have a Netgear C6300 running the latest firmware and a couple Linksys routers (E3000 and E2000) running a several year old version of DD-WRT. They're bridged. I've not had issues with any wireless devices or services working before.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    I have a Netgear C6300 running the latest firmware and a couple Linksys routers (E3000 and E2000) running a several year old version of DD-WRT. They're bridged. I've not had issues with any wireless devices or services working before.
    You'll be fine with those. It's the one bundled in with Verizon's Motorola router that would give me grief. Super easy to set up...no real set up at all for the Apple Airprint part.