Thread: New Sager Laptops Ordered !!!

Friend of SETI.USA

New Sager Laptops Ordered !!!

Finally broke down & decided to get rid of the Quad 4 Sager Laptop I had, it's 10 Year's old & I haven't even used it in 2-3 Years, bought the little woman a new Lappy too cause the ones she's using is long in the tooth too. Set hers up just enough so in a pinch I could use it short term for GPU WU's if needed. I'll just set it up so when she's using it BOINC won't run ... Mine's about as good as I could get it other than Dual GPU's, mulled it over & I just couldn't justify the extra cost or heat output or electrical use to go the Dual GPU Route, could always go that way later but I doubt I ever would since I quit Gaming Years ago, to much Carpel Tunnel in the Hands & Forearms to be a Gamer ... They both will come with Win 10 Pro so it'll be a learning experience for me, using Win 8 now on the Lappy's we have so hopefully not to big a learning curve for them.

Their both Paid for so all I have to do is wait for them to get, figure the week after next probably with a 2 Day rush order on them ...

NP6870*Notebook 1 $1,333.00

Components

**7th*Generation*Intel®*Core™*i7*7700HQ*Processor* (*6MB*Smart*Cache,*2.80GHz)
    **17.3"*Full*HD*IPS*Matte*Display*(1920*x*1080)
    **90*days*No*Dead*Pixel*Guarantee*Screen*Calibrati on*[+$75.00]
    **NVIDIA*GeForce*GTX*1050*GPU*with*4GB*GDDR5*Video *Memory*/*Optimus*Technology
    **IC*Diamond*Thermal*Compound***CPU*+*GPU*[+$35.00]
    **Windows®*10*Pro*64*Bit*Edition*Preinstalled*[+$50.00]
    **Windows®*10*64*Bit*Edition*USB*Recovery*Media*[+$25.00]
    **16GB*Dual*Channel*DDR4*SDRAM*at*2400MHz***2*X*8G B*[+$70.00]
    **1TB*5400rpm*SATA3*Hard*Drive
    **Intel*Dual*Band*Wireless*AC*3165*AC*Wireless*LAN *+*Bluetooth*Module

Software*&*Services

**Sager*1*Year*Limited*Parts*and*Labor*Warranty
    **Rush*Order*Service***Guaranteed*shipping*within* 2*business*days*of*your*order*(not*including*day*o f*order)*[+$49.00]

-----

NP9873*Notebook 1 $3,822.00
    Special*Promotion **Free*FOR*HONOR*or*GHOST*RECON***WILDLANDS*for*Ge Force*GTX*1080*or*1070*Powered*Notebook

Components

**7th*Generation*Intel®*Core™*i7*7700K*Processor*( *8MB*Smart*Cache,*4.20GHz)
    **17.3"*4K*QFHD*Matte*Display*with*G*SYNC*Technolo gy*(3840*x*2160)*[+$150.00]
    **NVIDIA*GeForce*GTX*1080*GPU*with*8GB*GDDR5X*Vide o*Memory
    **64GB*Dual*Channel*DDR4*SDRAM*at*2400MHz***4*X*16 GB*[+$390.00]
    **256GB*SanDisk*X400*M.2*SSD***as*an*OS*Drive*(Pri mary*Drive*C)
    **1TB*7200rpm*SATA3*Hard*Drive
    **Killer™*Dual*Band*Wireless*AC*1535*M.2*AC*Wirele ss*LAN*+*Bluetooth*Module

Software*&*Services

**Sager*3*Year*Limited*Parts*and*Labor*Warranty*[+$199.00]
    **Rush*Order*Service***Guaranteed*shipping*within* 2*business*days*of*your*order*(not*including*day*o f*order)*[+$49.00]
    Last edited by STE\/E; 02-04-17 at 07:42 AM.

Administrator

Re: New Sager Laptops Ordered !!!

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Finally broke down & decided to get rid of the Quad 4 Sager Laptop I had, it's 10 Year's old & I haven't even used it in 2-3 Years, bought the little woman a new Lappy too cause the ones she's using is long in the tooth too. Set hers up just enough so in a pinch I could use it short term for GPU WU's if needed. I'll just set it up so when she's using it BOINC won't run ... Mine's about as good as I could get it other than Dual GPU's, mulled it over & I just couldn't justify the extra cost or heat output or electrical use to go the Dual GPU Route, could always go that way later but I doubt I ever would since I quit Gaming Years ago, to much Carpel Tunnel in the Hands & Forearms to be a Gamer ... They both will come with Win 10 Pro so it'll be a learning experience for me, using Win 8 now on the Lappy's we have so hopefully not to big a learning curve for them.

Their both Paid for so all I have to do is wait for them to get, figure the week after next probably with a 2 Day rush order on them ...

NP6870*Notebook 1 $1,333.00

Components

**7th*Generation*Intel®*Core™*i7*7700HQ*Processor* (*6MB*Smart*Cache,*2.80GHz)
    **17.3"*Full*HD*IPS*Matte*Display*(1920*x*1080)
    **NVIDIA*GeForce*GTX*1050*GPU*with*4GB*GDDR5*Video *Memory*/*Optimus*Technology
    **16GB*Dual*Channel*DDR4*SDRAM*at*2400MHz***2*X*8G B*[+$70.00]
    **1TB*5400rpm*SATA3*Hard*Drive
    **Intel*Dual*Band*Wireless*AC*3165*AC*Wireless*LAN *+*Bluetooth*Module

Software*&*Services

**Sager*1*Year*Limited*Parts*and*Labor*Warranty

-----

NP9873*Notebook 1 $3,822.00
    Special*Promotion **Free*FOR*HONOR*or*GHOST*RECON***WILDLANDS*for*Ge Force*GTX*1080*or*1070*Powered*Notebook

Components

**7th*Generation*Intel®*Core™*i7*7700K*Processor*( *8MB*Smart*Cache,*4.20GHz)
    **17.3"*4K*QFHD*Matte*Display*with*G*SYNC*Technolo gy*(3840*x*2160)*[+$150.00]
    **NVIDIA*GeForce*GTX*1080*GPU*with*8GB*GDDR5X*Vide o*Memory
    **64GB*Dual*Channel*DDR4*SDRAM*at*2400MHz***4*X*16 GB*[+$390.00]
    **256GB*SanDisk*X400*M.2*SSD***as*an*OS*Drive*(Pri mary*Drive*C)
    **1TB*7200rpm*SATA3*Hard*Drive
    **Killer™*Dual*Band*Wireless*AC*1535*M.2*AC*Wirele ss*LAN*+*Bluetooth*Module

Software*&*Services

**Sager*3*Year*Limited*Parts*and*Labor*Warranty*[+$199.00]
    Great to hear from Steve! Its been too long.

You do like those Sagers! Beats the hell out of my desktops...by a long shot.
    Last edited by Al; 02-04-17 at 09:06 AM.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    You do like those Sagers!
    This will be my 3'rd & 4'th one, 1'st 2 lasted me a long time so these should too, their heavy duty well built Laptops, their expensive but are built to last ...

Past Administrator

I have the i7 6700HQ CPU in a fairly decent HP laptop, and I can say from our last challenge that the AVX 2 works great on it, so you'll love the new 7700HQ!
    Obviously for the money you can still get more from a desktop rig, but for size and weight and watts efficiency, some of these new laptops can actually crunch.

Friend of SETI.USA

Yeah I hope so, this is the K Model i7*7700K*Processor so it's an Unlocked model CPU, whether it could be Overclocked I don't know, didn't ask because I'll know when I get it, but possibly could be Overclocked even more than the 4.2GHZ Stock 4.5- Turbo speed. Being a Laptop though it might be crippled to the Stock Speed because of the BIOS, won't matter to me it'll be a hell of a lot faster than the Store bought HP I've been using for the few years. The HP Has surprised me though running BOINC 24/7 since I've had it but it's real slow doing anything so this should be much better as my personal Laptop ... Good to hear from you ...

Past Administrator

Thanks, you as well. I didn't realize it was the K version! I see now, I was looking at the top specs, not the second one you listed. Holy cow, that will be like a true desktop CPU in a laptop!

Silver Member

A couple years back you, Steve, mentioned sager laptop and I looked them up (first time hearing of them). I've since seen them reviewed etc and they seem to be the kings of laptop performance. I recall the reviews noting this is a REAL desktop gpu not your mobile version. HOW they manage the power and heat sets them apart cause I think they're the only ones doing it. I'm surprised they still offer a 5400rpm hard drive (the wifey's).

So that means you gonna put some CPU work in under SUSA? I mean you're telling us about it... Be nice to have some more active members in the forums. And to be honest your name/scores was one of the reasons I joined SUSA. I was like I'm gonna join the best, and then BU came out.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    A couple years back you, Steve, mentioned sager laptop and I looked them up (first time hearing of them). I've since seen them reviewed etc and they seem to be the kings of laptop performance. I recall the reviews noting this is a REAL desktop gpu not your mobile version. HOW they manage the power and heat sets them apart cause I think they're the only ones doing it. I'm surprised they still offer a 5400rpm hard drive (the wifey's).

So that means you gonna put some CPU work in under SUSA? I mean you're telling us about it... Be nice to have some more active members in the forums. And to be honest your name/scores was one of the reasons I joined SUSA. I was like I'm gonna join the best, and then BU came out.
    There's always that possibility but it wasn't on my mind by posting here, I'm comfortable being a Lone Wolf & doing my own thing although I am crunching some for BOINC UK at the SRBase Project. I was out running their whole Team at the Project for Formula Points & they asked if I could stop running the Project long enough for them to get ahead of me. I did them one better & just joined their Team at that project only to help them get past me. Other than that I Just thought I'd post here that I did eventually buy another Sager that I had mentioned buying a couple years back ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 02-05-17 at 04:42 AM.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    I'm surprised they still offer a 5400rpm hard drive (the wifey's).
    Thanks for pointing that out, even though it's for the wife I want it fast for running BOINC too when I need to. So after thinking it over I blasted out a e-mail to Sager asking to change the Spec's a little for the wife's.

Will try to get them to go this route for the HD's ...

NP6870 256GB SanDisk X400 M.2 SSD - M.2 SSD DRIVE CONFIGURED AS AN OS DRIVE [+$110.00]
    And Use the 1TB 5400rpm SATA3 Hard Drive as a storage Drive

Should make the OS boot up a little faster for her, she's as impatient as hell waiting for the Quad 4 to fire up & always getting ahead of the boot up even though I keep telling her she has to wait a little because the laptop is just slow booting up.