Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: T5500

Administrator

Re: T5500

Quote Originally Posted by MindCrime View Post
    On the issue of hardware for your hardware... I have a solution for you but you probably won't like it. Zip-ties, over at Overclock.net they have a years old thread about "the mod" or "the red mod". It was taking an AIO cooler (ie h100) and mounting it to a GPU. People discovered that zip-ties worked pretty well. You use the two zip-ties as one fastener, snug them all down evenly like they were head bolts, and then snip off the tail of the one acting as the nut. This may not be your style but if you're a utilitarian like me and just want stuff to work it'll work just fine.

Here's the thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1203636/o...ka-the-red-mod
    That's a great idea. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    I've got a 7970 with two zip tied aftermarket fans. Works great! Thanks to Jed for the creative mod.
    It's nice to see this works from someone I know whose done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hey STM, I have at least one Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo II in my parts bin. I should still have all the hardware needed to mount one on a GTX card. Are you interested?
    I appreciate the offer F$. If I didn't have the parts ordered already, I would have taken you up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Don't forget to check any gpu boxes you may have laying around. Sometimes they come with a molex to 6 pin adapter
    I went through all of my parts boxes of what little I have left and it was a no go. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of a ton of old parts 4 years ago. Can you believe I even threw a perfectly good computer in the trash?

The good news is that the connectors and fans arrived yesterday; so the project of the day is to get the 460 put back together and get the 2nd Z600 running. Then I'll get the 2nd 460 cleaned up and the fan replaced for the 1st Z600.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Re: T5500

So hows the farm coming?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456