Thread: The internet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

The internet

After having posted in another thread about the many problems with my internet provider I thought I would post an update. I finally had time about 2 weeks ago to get in touch with Spectrum (formally TWC). After much wrangling about the offers I keep getting in the mail I was told I could not geet the $29.99 per item a. because I am not a new customer and b. I am not bundling. I was finally turned over to the "proper" customer retention rep and was able to word a deal to get the 60 mps for a year for the price I am paying now. $49.99 + tax. Of course they told me that they would have to send me a modem but they would waive the $10.00 monthly fee.
    I have had my own modem for years and just upgraded it to a brand new Arris Surfboard SBG6900-ac modem which is supposed to be good for 300 mps. Spectrum insisted I would have to at least put there modem online before they could turn on the 60 mps. After waiting 2 weeks for the modem to arrive I finally called to see where it was. They had no idea but they would see if they could get the 60 mps working. It took 45 minutes with tech support to get it turned on but now I am getting download speeds of 77.77 and upload of 7.66 according to speedof.me and testmy.net.
    So I have waited 2 weeks for the higher speed only to have it connected without their modem. I asked the very dumb question "what should I do with your modem" and was told to "store it". I felt like saying I charge $10 a month for storage since I didn't need it in the first place. Anyway speeds are now up and I am happy. Maybe I will get the modem one of these days. Looks like the new company is taking up were the old one left off.
    Last edited by c303a; 02-27-17 at 03:46 PM.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours