Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: baddest build...6k budget

jeeprnovru

Re: baddest build...6k budget

Quote Originally Posted by GregK [SETI.USA] View Post
    precisely! my 2 cents id find a gpu that will be usable for the longest time(meaning hopefully it wont be insignificant in 3 yrs) buy as many as you can in as many box's as you need middle road mb drives dont matter any junk laying around. nice efficient reliable powersupplies. throw in a 50$ cpu or even a badass one its your build just have fun and btw id think you'd be our next major player if you pull this off! just do it man!!! a new gpu will do 750k alone per day or so i believe so imagine 4 or 6!!!! plenty of intelligent computer freaks here to guide you

bingo...i want a stripped down racer not a luxury sled...(if you think in terms or racing like i do) I WANNA GO FAST! LOL

i want to build to run at the top...all this extra beef and trinketry can be avoided. i dint need LED lights and chrome usb ports. i need speed in a box! im with ya all the way greg k.

Silver Member

Not sure I could spend 6k on a system how about 2 3k systems or 3 2k systems?
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeeprnovru View Post
    If your going to go this route, you should come up with a good signature to take advantage of the.......

Special discount for Universities

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    If your going to go this route, you should come up with a good signature to take advantage of the.......

GregK

well take a few weeks if nesscessary to figure it best. you'll find plenty of help here to make sure you get the best bang for the dollar. i will definately be following this build thread!

jeeprnovru

Cool Re: baddest build...6k budget

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post

i wonder if this is feasible...no really! Obama seems to love handing out our cash...how for our "systems for the betterment of analytical achivement" or something simmilarly fund worthy sounding. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GregK [SETI.USA] View Post
    well take a few weeks if nesscessary to figure it best. you'll find plenty of help here to make sure you get the best bang for the dollar. i will definately be following this build thread!
    I am interested in this as well and will do my best to respond to any hardware questions that he may have.

Now, on this subject of the ideal $6000 build.

If you are building just one machine let's look at the power consumption of the rig:
    160 watts for 2 x AMD Opteron 12 core processors
    400+ watts for the dual video cards

How are you planning on cooling the room that this machine resides in?

I say put a window air conditioner in your budget.
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

jeeprnovru

actually that topic came up in conversation today and the case will be sitting under i window unit in the room its gonna be in...i want to get some dryer hose and rig it up to gulp some AC and plumb it into the case...yehaw! its a frigirare BTW

Diamond Member

Not only the cooling, but also the power to run it. Special wiring would probably be needed for these 4xGPU systems. And then if you add 4 CPUs and butt-loads of RAM (need at least 2gb per thread). You could probably get more bang for the buck by doing a couple of dual cpu, dual gpu machines. And that way you can put them on separate circuits, and in different rooms.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

jeeprnovru

FIRST PART OFFICIALY ORDERED:
    The Thermaltake TP-1350M Toughpower Power Supply

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast