Thread: Cosmology: Planck contest results

Diamond Member

Cosmology: Planck contest results

The BOINC Pentathlon is complete, as is our own Planck contest! You can see the results of the Planck contest here and of the Pentathlon here. Congratulations to users Mumps[MM], UofS-Computer-Science, and Bryan, and to team SETI.USA (who also won the Pentathlon)! You guys will be added to the list of thank-yous in our paper.

In the end it was a quite exciting race for the 3rd place user spot, Bryan managed to overtake KaptainBlaZzed with only 45 minutes left in the contest last night! Well done to both of you and many thanks to all of the thousands of users and hundreds of teams that contributed. This was far and away the most computing power I've seen at C@H since I've been managing it, and the workunits you computed will greatly help us improve our work. Stay tuned for a future post about these results.

More...

Past Administrator

Re: Cosmology: Planck contest results

Well done everyone! It's nice to see teammates recognized for their efforts.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Congrats to Mumps and Bryan...and to the Team. Nice going everyone!

Administrator

In all honesty I had not planned on overtaking KB. I had checked the numbers yesterday morning and my closing rate should have left me about 15k short. I didn't check it again and I don't know what happened to let me catch him ... that wasn't the plan. Oh well, SUSA got recognized for the team effort which is cool!

Sorry KB