Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parts Exchange

Platinum Member

Re: Parts Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
    HAVE:
    I have a box of memory and IDE/SATA hard drives along with a wide range of adapters for exchange.

Believe it or not... also have comic books / baseball cards and Nintendo DS/Gameboy games for exchange. Gotta git rid of this old kiddie stuff!

WANT:
    Wireless networking cards and USB adapters.

PM me if interested.
    Baseball cards you say? More info please

Diamond Member

I have a 550w PSU, if anyone can use it.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

I still have my Sound Blaster Audigy 2.

I also have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-024-_-Product

Have the original driver discs for both cards.

Past Administrator

@Joker - those are some nice cards. What are you using instead these days? I know you listen to your music, watch movies, etc, all from your PC - did you get some crazy Fire$torm type "killer audiophile" card to replace those?

I'm actually slightly interested in buying one off you for a "good used price " for Kat's rig later this summer when we get an apartment and I take her rig home for her. She is starting to get into singing a little, (cute at her age), and wants me to record her and her friends. Hahaha...oh man, brings back some memories for me.
    I've been out of the audio recording stuff so long that I don't know if either of those Creative cards are much better than what's onboard her MSI 870-G45 mobo.
    Ah, the other thing I just thought of is, with 2 GPUs in there, not much room for separate Audio cards these days! hmmmm...priorities, man!

I used to have an M-Audio Delta 1010 in college, a couple matched condensor mics, etc - but that is all long gone, and I don't have any of it now.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I've been out of the audio recording stuff so long that I don't know if either of those Creative cards are much better than what's onboard her MSI 870-G45 mobo.
    Yeah either of those would be better than the sound on that mobo. My mobo has a soundblaster X-Fi chip built in, but i don't even want it

Creative Labs is no joke when it comes to sound reproduction/decoding/enhancement. They know their stuff.

Past Administrator

OK, thanks. I will keep this in mind, then.
    I don't understand this, though, JPM:

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Yeah either of those would be better than the sound on that mobo. My mobo has a soundblaster X-Fi chip built in, but i don't even want it
    What do you mean by not wanting it, if it was "free" like as in, already on the mobo? Thanks for explaining that...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    OK, thanks. I will keep this in mind, then.
    I don't understand this, though, JPM:

What do you mean by not wanting it, if it was "free" like as in, already on the mobo? Thanks for explaining that...
    Yeah it's a chip soldered to the motherboard. I'm sure it wasn't free. And i can't very well remove it...not that anyone could use it even if i did...

Gold Member

Don't know if anyone can use it, but I have a Intel D915GEV motherboard. This is a 775 board with lan, video, sound, 1 pcie x 16, and 2 pcie x1 slots. Supports P4 processors with DDR2 ram. If you can use it send me a PM. Comes with faceplate.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

@Joker - those are some nice cards. What are you using instead these days? I know you listen to your music, watch movies, etc, all from your PC - did you get some crazy Fire$torm type "killer audiophile" card to replace those?
    I just use the onboard sound. The audio card sits too close to my video card and blocks the air flow and it already runs really hot.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Yeah it's a chip soldered to the motherboard. I'm sure it wasn't free. And i can't very well remove it...not that anyone could use it even if i did...
    Ah, I see. It was an "extra feature" that came on the mobo you wanted, but you don't really use sound at all from that computer. I get it, you paid $ for it to be there, but don't use it.

I was thinking more of like you bought some killer audiophile card and then had no use for it.

EDIT: @Joker - welll, if you still have one laying around this summer...and if Kat has a free spot in her mobo that won't block the GPUs...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast