Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L'Alliance Francophone could pass us in 4 months

Silver Member

L'Alliance Francophone could pass us in 4 months

This is a numbers game easier to figure out then any performance project. We need 120 more computers on this project. Any laptop any P3 will do this. I have a couple old p4 2.2's that I'm going to bring online for this.

That is probably not a sustainable answer but at this point its what can be done till we get some new members.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Gold Member

Re: L'Alliance Francophone could pass us in 4 months

They will pass us in what?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    WuProp...

And as a side note, I'm down somewhere between 6-8 machines due to heat and security issues. Hopefully they'll come back up, but I'm not sure..

Past Administrator

WuProp is not something you can easily just increase production in without getting more rigs online. The only way to do it would be to run a bunch of VMs and I can't see how that hassle is worth only 50 credits...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    WuProp is not something you can easily just increase production in without getting more rigs online. The only way to do it would be to run a bunch of VMs and I can't see how that hassle is worth only 50 credits...
    a) It would be good practice for FreeHAL if/when it comes back up.
    b) If you have the RAM and a GPU, you can run GPU on the main OS install and the CPU in a VM (doubles the WUProp machines)
    c) If you run Gomez Peer, it's another machine to get yourself credits...

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    This is why it is critical for *all* members to add it to *all* their machines. This project is not something that can be made up. A minute not crunching is lost forever.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Also, this is why I try to put the project name in the subject of any project-related thread. It's hard to tell what people are talking about unless they happen to notice the forum path at the top.

For example, "WUProp: L'Alliance Francophone could pass us in 4 months".
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    This is why it is critical for *all* members to add it to *all* their machines. This project is not something that can be made up. A minute not crunching is lost forever.
    You can also get it running on a PS3. If you compile boinc from source, you can configure it with the alternate platform option. I have mine configured as powerpc64-ps3-linux-gnu with an alternate of powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu. I asked Sebastien to release the powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu app for powerpc64-ps3-linux-gnu. He will do so soon.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

Re: L'Alliance Francophone could pass us - wuprop

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    You can also get it running on a PS3. If you compile boinc from source, you can configure it with the alternate platform option. I have mine configured as powerpc64-ps3-linux-gnu with an alternate of powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu. I asked Sebastien to release the powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu app for powerpc64-ps3-linux-gnu. He will do so soon.
    The PS3 app is released. You may want to try it out.
    6r39 7r199

Gold Member

It's hard to tell what people are talking about unless they happen to notice the forum path at the top.
    Thx Zombie. Never thought about looking up there. I will try to more observant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast