Thread: Ryzen AM4 heathink/cooler suggestions

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Ryzen AM4 heatsink/cooler suggestions

First I ordered a CoolerMaster 212 EVO and I had to order an AM4 kit CoolerMaster. Hyper 212 came in 2 days (yeah Amazon Prime!). Order at CoolerMaster been stuck at "waiting to ship" since the 6th and nobody at CoolerMaster will answer the telephone, return the call or respond to email. They said their T4 coolers were AM4 ready so I ordered one of those, but they aren't AM4 ready. At least there are no AM4 mounting instructions or anything that looks close to working. So I have to return that one also.

What reasonably priced cooler does anyone suggest for a 1600X? Won't be used for crunching. It's a build for one of our programmers.

EDIT: Looks like the T4 might work after all. No specific instructions for AM4 socket but maybe the same as AM3/AM3+
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 07-12-17 at 03:43 PM.

Silver Member

Re: Ryzen AM4 heatsink/cooler suggestions

I love my H100I cooler and I see the H110I is AM4 ready (Item#: N82E16835181101 Newegg). Sale I see has it for $115 USD atm, I'm not sure if that is too much for your programming rig or not.

Right now waiting on my NZXT Kraken X62 280mm in my new build, cannot wait to test it out.
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

Re: Ryzen AM4 heatsink/cooler suggestions

You'll love the kraken. Will make you wonder why you ever bought a corsair cooler

Past Admin

Re: Ryzen AM4 heathink/cooler suggestions

I bought the Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling KiT and love it. http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx

Platinum Member

Re: Ryzen AM4 heathink/cooler suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    I bought the Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling KiT and love it. http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx
    Another great one. And you won't see performance loss over time as the fluid evaporates because it can be refilled.