As some of you may have already noticed, there is a GPU version of Enigma software available for testing. It requires nvidia GPU, and probably will run on anything that supports CUDA, I have tested it myself on a couple of low end cards and it ran just fine, except that the system was lagging and WU runtime was very long.

Until yesterday it required app_info to run, this was changed and currently it will be sent to any host that has 'beta work' allowed in preferences. I have reset the beta flag to off for everyone.

The app is marked as "beta" because there are still some issues both on the client and server side. Also, currently the GPU app runs via wrapper and that causes some issues, for example, this page says that interrupting GPU app while it is running the kerney may cause system crash. This is worst case scenario and so far I haven't seen it myself, but I assume it's possible.

Other than that, if left untouched, the app runs smoothly. At this moment it'll only run on CUDA device #0.

Progress bar does not work with the current version of the wrapper, but it's not a high priority thing at this moment, as tasks are relativery short: from ~20 minutes on GTX1050 to around 3m30s on 1080Ti. The app uses internal checkpoints and will automatically resume from the last checkpoint if restarted.

More...