Thread: EVGA Hybrid GPU cooler

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

EVGA Hybrid GPU cooler

Has anyone tried the EVGA GTX 1080/1070 Hybrid Waterblock Cooler?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPVQUSG..._-L3EzbTNZHTA9

Platinum Member

Re: EVGA Hybrid GPU cooler

Sorry i only have a full waterblock version but from what i recall the reviews on the hybrid were pretty good

Well I've installed the EVGA Hybrid Cooling kit on my 1080 and had it running AN. I sure hope it's reporting accurate GPU temps. Before with the stock blower type cooler, running AN with kernels set to 21 made it run 70-75C even with the fan set to 90% output. With the new hybrid cooler, I have kernels set to 23 and temps are steady at 45C with the fan on auto at 30%.

Running PG Sieve, 2 WUs at a time, GPU usage pegged at 100%, temps steady at 47C with fan at 31%.

Administrator

That is a very significant improvement. Well worth the bucks. Moving from 21 to 23 on the AN kernels makes a big difference in compute time.

Past Administrator

That's an incredible drop in temp! How are the noise levels now compared to the air cooled fan?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    That's an incredible drop in temp! How are the noise levels now compared to the air cooled fan?
    It's quiet. All I hear are the H100i fans. It is a PITA to install though. Not technically difficult. There are just a ton of tiny back plate screws and 4mm hex screws under those that have to be removed and put back in. It's nice to finally be able to run it wide open. If anyone is considering a 1080 or 1080 Ti, spring for the hybrid model. Just a note about the radiator though. It will mount over the 120mm fan outlet on the back of decent cases as long as there is enough room on the inside for the radiator and 120mm fan pushing behind it. And the radiator seems to require a littler bigger foot print than a 120mm fan and would only mount in a specific orientation in a Corsair 500R case.
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 08-02-17 at 07:03 PM.

Platinum Member

Those temps are probably right. My 1080 hydro copper stays at 29-30C under full load. 30-31C when mining