Thread: cpu clock utility

jeeprnovru

cpu clock utility

andbody know of a good cpu clock util for win 7 64bit? i tried to install RMclock so i can undervolt my cpu to bron temps down and throttle lock it to prevent slowdwon from switching but the driver is unsigned so it wouldnt take help a brotha out!

Platinum Member

Re: cpu clock utility

What motherboard and CPU do you have? I *think* most people here OC via the BIOS, so those are key concerns...

jeeprnovru

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    What motherboard and CPU do you have? I *think* most people here OC via the BIOS, so those are key concerns...
    hp 1484 mobo

jeeprnovru

Quote Originally Posted by jeeprnovru View Post
    andbody know of a good cpu clock util for win 7 64bit? i tried to install RMclock so i can undervolt my cpu to bron temps down and throttle lock it to prevent slowdwon from switching but the driver is unsigned so it wouldnt take help a brotha out!
    COULD YOU TELL THE AMBIEN WAS KICKING IN? typo after typo! sorry guys!

Past Administrator

This is a laptop, right? Do you have a small plug-in house fan? You could just point the fan at the lappy and let 'er rip!

Seriously, though, I've never played with changing clocks on a lappy...only desktop rigs. Maybe one of the hardware gurus knows what program to use?

Past Administrator

Most CPU overclocking is done in BIOS. But if you prefer not to go that route you could try TechPowerUP's Systool.

Also take a look at Programs to have before and after overclocking. This is a listing of useful utilities that will come in handy. Be aware that the posting is from 06' so some of the links may be broken or dead.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6