+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOINC Pentathlon 2011

aendgraend

BOINC Pentathlon 2011

SETI.Germany continues it's new invented challenge and invites all BOINC-Teams to participate in the 2nd BOINC-Pentathlon, following the ideals of the ancient Pentathlon.

It will start May the 5th 2011 (00:00 UTC) and will end May the 18th 2011 (23:59 UTC).

Like in the ancient Greece, the Pentathlon will be held in 5 disciplines. That means within 14 days the participants will have to crunch 5 different projects, all of them for a period of 5 days. That said, you can easily see that some projects will have to be crunched at the same time.

Each team that would like to participate has to sign up until April the 27th. Like in the last year the favourites in the different disciplines can be chosen by every team on their own. The project that gaines the most voices will be crunched.

A list of the projects that can be chosen from can be found here, but you can also suggest other projects. (But before suggesting other projects, please check if the project and/or their servers would be able to withstand the combined BOINC forces. We do not want to bring any project server down.)

More information can be found here.
    Teams can sign up here.

In the last year it was very exciting until the end.

We would really appreciate if our Friends of SETI.USA would join us and the other Teams in this exciting Challenge.

aendgraend
    SETI.Germany

Platinum Member

Re: BOINC Pentathlon 2011

mmmmm good times.

Past Administrator

Brings back some good memories. Good thing we just got that team only strategy forum.
    It'll take some serious doing to win any of these events this time around.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    mmmmm good times.
    Yo Dude! Are you up for taking the lead on this? You did a great job the last time. Hope you say YES.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

aendgraend

Hi fellas,

i had a few hard minutes to find ye here in your new forum. The old one disappeared and not one notice was sent to me - no, just kidding.

I'd appreciate if the SETI.USA Team would join us and the other teams in this Pentathlon. We had a really good time last Year with all the Strategy Discussions, Plans, Project switchings and so on. And to be honest, if SETI.USA would not take part, there would be definitely a gap. Your Team IS a Major Player in the BOINC World - so it's just a Matter of honor, isn't it

Hope to see ye Guys!

cheers
    aendgraend

(PS: Hm, sheech, i thought i would get my "5 Years signed in to the SETI.USA Forums"-Award this Year... You didn't close the old Forum just to hold back this Award from me i hope... )

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by aendgraend View Post
    Hi fellas...PS: Hm, sheech, i thought i would get my "5 Years signed in to the SETI.USA Forums"-Award this Year... You didn't close the old Forum just to hold back this Award from me i hope... )
    Hi Aendgraend,
    No, certainly not - we didn't do it on purpose. More like moving the server and the forums to a much more modern platform. BOK is being quite the generous fellow hosting for us on the server, and Mr. Hankey got VBulletin software so we could keep up with the times. Hope that makes sense. And I hope you're around for your 5 year pin on the NEW forums!

Thanks for the invite to the Pentathlon. We sure enjoyed ourselves last year. Some VERY tight races and fond memories of that time.
    We'll just have to see if we can get enough of the team to participate to give you guys a run at anything -as you know, our team went through a huge transformation in the last year, so I hope so!
    At the very least if you see a few credits show up, it'll be Fire$torm and I - neither of us can stand to miss a good challenge!
    Give the rest of our friends on S.G. a big hello for me, especially Crille.
    Pop

aendgraend

Hello Guys,

did you already discuss taking Part in the Pentathlon? We alrady saw some Teams signing up but SETI.USA is still missing as of today.

C'mon, there surely lot's of Fun

Past Administrator

I will sign us up after I get some input from members I PMed about which projects to vote for.
    Thanks for the reminder!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I will sign us up after I get some input from members I PMed about which projects to vote for.
    Thanks for the reminder!
    :O i got no PM. damn...excluded already lol

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    :O i got no PM. damn...excluded already lol
    Consider yourself PMed! I was just sending a couple people on the fly...certainly could use your input.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, JPM: did you accept the post as De facto Captain of the Pentathlon again? We would ALL appreciate that effort if you will!
    Last edited by DrPop; 04-15-11 at 01:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast