Thread: bit coin threat

Gold Member

bit coin threat

I haven't seen this before but it must be a blanket letter sent out. as far as I know I don't have any bit coins.

We represent a hacker group that focuses on hacking of crypto-currency wallets and exchanges. We know that you keep your coins on these exchanges.
    We got the database of users and passwords of the largest exchanges in our hands, but to get into the account we need to bypass two factor verification, collect private keys from your PCs, brute force mnemonic words. That will cost us some time.
    We give you the opportunity to exclude you from the base by reward us and we will remove you and we will not use your data.

The amount we asking is 0.02Bitcoin

Bitcoin Wallet to pay: 1492bBQhiSRgS7k25mUsaedTSjwHkaWQRh

Believe me, it's better to pay us than are afraid that at any moment you can lose all of your funds.

After payment send us a letter on joshuwufirst@gmail.com and we will exclude you from the database.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Administrator

Re: bit coin threat

I'd have to buy .02 BC to give them .02 BC - jokes on them.

Gold Member

I know I have exactly 0.00 bitcoin. I'd give them all I have.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

If you do have crypto coins in a wallet, all you have to do is create a new wallet and send yourself those coins and empty that wallet. Right?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    If you do have crypto coins in a wallet, all you have to do is create a new wallet and send yourself those coins and empty that wallet. Right?
    Yes but there's usually a small fee to do so. I'm pretty certain that email is a scam and there's no hacker group with that data. They just want to collect 0.02 bitcoin from thousands of people based on scare tactics, not an actual threat.

Platinum Member

Also, note the threat states they have wallet info for coins kept "on the exchanges." It's common for novices in Crypto Coins to assume they can safely leave their bitcoins in wallets provided by the places they can buy and sell them from. That's how the biggest BitCoin thefts have taken place thus far. Stealing data from MtGox and using that to steal the BitCoins for example. But if you keep them in a local wallet, it's much more secure because it's much more difficult to initiate a transfer of your coins from your local wallet.

Silver Member

got the same thing, anyone who ran Bitcoin Utopia, is being spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    I haven't seen this before but it must be a blanket letter sent out. as far as I know I don't have any bit coins.

We represent a hacker group that focuses on hacking of crypto-currency wallets and exchanges. We know that you keep your coins on these exchanges.
    We got the database of users and passwords of the largest exchanges in our hands, but to get into the account we need to bypass two factor verification, collect private keys from your PCs, brute force mnemonic words. That will cost us some time.
    We give you the opportunity to exclude you from the base by reward us and we will remove you and we will not use your data.

The amount we asking is 0.02Bitcoin

Bitcoin Wallet to pay: 1492bBQhiSRgS7k25mUsaedTSjwHkaWQRh

Believe me, it's better to pay us than are afraid that at any moment you can lose all of your funds.

After payment send us a letter on joshuwufirst@gmail.com and we will exclude you from the database.