Jed...??? Any update? Looks bad in Ventura

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Administrator

Re: Ventura, California fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Jed...??? Any update? Looks bad in Ventura

Update via text from Jed:

Hi Al! Thanks, yes we're alright, fire stopped about 2 miles from our office and then turned. Big time winds out there right now fanning it, but headed North of us, so it seems we're out of the line of fire now. All schools, etc shut down and smoke was crazy yesterday, but wind has blown it out today so starting to clear up where we are again. Thanks for checking in!

Past Administrator

Re: Ventura, California fire

Thanks for all the well wishes, doing alright so far. Lots of smoke now, since there are fires north and south of here now, and the wind just died down so it's kind of just filling in like pea soup on there and no wind to blow it away. Should help the fires slow down their spread though.
    I *think* the immediate danger to Ventura and Ojai should be about over, the big part of the Thomas Fire has moved up north toward Carpentaria and Santa Barbara now. Not sure how the southern fires are doing below us in size, but sure getting some smoke from them, so we'll see.
    I had one cruncher running for a bit when we got power back to the house, but I'm keeping them mostly off because of spikes in the electricity and also didn't want to put any strain on they system that I don't have to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12