Thread: Boinc client crashing

Silver Member

Boinc client crashing

Windows 10, new install, tried several different versions of boinc. Boinc starts benchmarks, trys to download work then crashes, stops restarts crashes. No errors listed in output files, never seen anythiing like this. Has anybody ever had this happen?

Administrator

Re: Boinc client crashing

Running it on 3 Windows 10 machines here.
    Haven't had that problem.
    If it is trying to download work, it is attempting to write to the "Program Data\BOINC" subdirectory.
    Does the user account BOINC Manager is running from have permission to write to that directory?

Platinum Member

When you say "crashing" what do you mean by that? Is it throwing up a dialog box with some Windows error? If so, what error?

Not very likely these days, but might you have installed a 32 bit Windows 10 and the 64 bit Boinc client?

Which projects are you attached to? Can you tell which one it's downloading work for?

Administrator

After I do the benchmarks on a new BOINC instance the 1st thing I attach to is WuProp. Give that a try and see if it runs. WuProp just putts along ... no stress on the CPU/system.

Silver Member

The client just stopped after attaching to bam, it would reconnect then die, reconnect then die. Didn't even have time to change anything, I finally found a version of boinc that would run and things are working good atm.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by purplecfh View Post
    The client just stopped after attaching to bam, it would reconnect then die, reconnect then die. Didn't even have time to change anything, I finally found a version of boinc that would run and things are working good atm.
    FYI, you can put in a delay at start up, which may allow you time to change settings.

app_config.xml

Code:
    <start_delay>nseconds</start_delay>
    Specify a number of seconds to delay running applications after client startup.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne