Thread: Bsod: 0x00000124 Uncorrectable Hardware Error

Bsod: 0x00000124 Uncorrectable Hardware Error

Well Blackhawk 4 bit the big one tonight.

Blue Screen of Death with the notorious 124 error. Usually means a cpu failure. Of course the MSFT techs will tell you it "Could" be over a dozen different causes, my experience is it is a CPU failure. Only question for me is which one? Processor 1 or Processor 2?

Tomorrow I'll pull and replace them both. E5-2700 v3's 24 cores..... (thankfully I still have 8 of them in the stash) So Blackhawk 4 will be offline for a couple of days.....

Good day to do it, it's been snowing for the last 6 hours here and we are about buried.....

StyM

Re: Bsod: 0x00000124 Uncorrectable Hardware Error

so many reserves ? nice.

Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    so many reserves ? nice.
    Actually it's my upgrade path, I got a deal on 12 of them. A one time take it or leave it thing.... I took it.
    So far I've upgraded Blackhawks 1&4 with 2&3 coming in the future. Then there is one more which would leave me with two backups....

Was planning on upgrading the GPU's to 1080ti's also, but the prices now with the mining craze phase three going on it may be a while.....

Anyway Blackhawk 4 is back up and running rakesearch again. Collatz may be a while I have no backup coolers for the cards.... (they are 7990's on AIO's)

Platinum Member

Hmmm...so what are you gonna do with the failed CPUs?

With an actual failure rate of one in over 350,000, the processors are going into my standby bin for when I get another MB to test them in....

I learned a long time ago that processors sometimes act like a pissed off girlfriend, they cross their arms and say something hot and hard about not going to do it anymore then slam the door in your face....

Well in processor behavior that is 0x00000124! (or any number of other choice words usually with a bunch of indecipherable geek speak) and then slam the blue door with a 24 number combination lock from hell.

Usually when mated with a different MB they are much happier.....

On the small chance there has been a failure, it is probably only one of them anyways, I'll need to sort out which first...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Egilman View Post
    Usually when mated with a different MB they are much happier.....
    Yeah that's kinda what i was thinking