I am considering a new build for a cruncher. Probably a Threadripper 1950x (16/32). (Yeah, I know poor AVX compared to current Intel. But I just don't see that being worth 2x the price.)

Anyway, I am looking for a new chassis. For almost a decade now, I have been using HAF-X. They are huge, and could hold anything I might decide to throw in there. At the time, I was very interested in machines with four huge GPUs. I am not so interested in GPU crunching any more. The power cost is just too much. So it doesn't need to be ginormous any more. I am looking for

- Something that will fit ATX, with up to two full size GPUs.
- Room for and mounting holes for a double wide CPU cooler like this. See question below
- No need for room for any optical drives, or drives. I am using only NVME sticks going forward.
- Quiet

Speaking of double-wide CPU coolers, 5 years ago, there was one that was clearly awesome and one that was clearly crap. And that was the whole field. But now I see there are like 10 different brands. Is there any consensus on which is best?

Finally, I see the the thread ripper needs lots of cooling, if you try to OC. Correct? Is the double wide liquid cooler the way to go? If overkill, alternative suggestions? FWIW, I would be only pushing it as far as it could go an still be very stable for sustained crunching. Noting too extreme.

Thanks!