I've had an antec kuhler, I think 620 or 650 on two different ivy bridge machines. It's the single 120mm fan/radiator.

My story begins over a year ago when I installed it on a 3770k. I went ahead and used the pre-applied thermal interface. While installing, a few drops of liquid came out of the head, I believe I posted about this.

I let it sit with pump/fan running case face down over newspaper for a while to check for more leaks, I found none. I continued the install. It worked but the temps ramped quickly and it was working harder/louder than I liked. 3-4 core usage would put me into the mid 70s C.

I swapped it out for an h100 that had been running my 3570k nice and cool. Besides weird fan mounting it's great, 3770k with h100 runs relatively cool with 7 threads, 65c.

So the 3570k sat idle for a while (months) and I decided to see how the kuhler would do on it. This time, obviously, I applied my "less is best" amount of thermal interface. The original amount of TIM was ridiculous, gray cake. Also this time I added another fan in series, it is now "push" with auxillary "pull."

Fired it up, got bios errors, CPU fan error, "I've had this before," swap CPU pump from CPU fan to CPU OPT and the fan to CPU. Problem solved, boot. Spool up 1 core, 48c cool air coming out of radiator, 2 cores 54c cool air, 3 cores 66c cool air. Either these things suck or...

1. Bad TIM (doubtful)/burn in
2. Air bubbles in loop (possible audible evidence on startup) remember initial leak.
3. These kuhlers suck

I believe FourOh had a bad experience with a kuhler. I'm all ears.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk