Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GPU HELP!!

Silver Member

Re: GPU HELP!!

For some reason I like car with bad gas mileage! I have a ford expedition that gets about 14mpg with my wife driving! My cobra that I only drive on the weekends and I don't even wanna know what kinda mileage it gets and I have to run 93 in it!

All your base are belong to us!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I want to see ya in a KIA.
    "What the Heck's a KIA?"

Gold Member

Sorry aux9o but we are just going to have to take your gas budget and put it into a few crunchers!!!

Platinum Member

Nothing says "GPU Help!" quite like a discussion on the relative merits of auto makes and models...

Gold Member

Nothing says "GPU Help!" quite like a discussion on the relative merits of auto makes and models...
    You just WISH you had KIA!!

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by aux9o View Post
    For some reason I like car with bad gas mileage! I have a ford expedition that gets about 14mpg with my wife driving! My cobra that I only drive on the weekends and I don't even wanna know what kinda mileage it gets and I have to run 93 in it!
    Since it was your wife who was driving that Ford it is not the car with the bad gas mileage that you like, it is your wife driving. I wish my wife would drive, I could afford to drink a couple of beers more before leaving a venue to avoid a breathalyser test.

Silver Member

I have a little bit of everything, I'm more fond of the Fords, I have 3, nothing can beet the power of a Cummings though, Luckily Dodge isn't the only truck ever made with one That POS 727 can't hold up to a 4 banger, worst transmission IMO ever made. Chevy makes a solid turbo 400 with a 5.9 bolt pattern. Take that drop it in a Ford and never look back.

Family cars I think Honda's are the best. Its unlikely they will strand your wife on the side of the road. Almost any car now since like 96/97 time can be tuned any way you want. more power or more economy like any other computer they are default to "safe" settings.

If you like the jeep go with a cj-7 or earlier model. Wranglers look cooler but they have bad wiring, plagued with issues. I had a 93 in the end it burned to the ground. Nothing holds value like a used jeep, Huge following you can sell it any place in the country. If I was looking for something like that, Look at the Sammy's smaller but just as fun.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Advisor - Stateside Division

Both my wife and I have Dodge's.

I've got the semi responsible Dodge Journey.

She drives the less responsible AWD 2007 Charger R/T with the 5.7L V8 Hemi

We though about the SRT8 at the time, but it was too good a deal on the R/T to pass up..

Gold Member

I sold Dodge for 14 years starting in '94 when they came out with the new truck body style. What a ride that was. Everybody was paying over sticker and never complaining. People would be bidding on trucks in stock and that was in person before the computer came into real use. Wife drives a nice '08 Caliber and we have never had a problem with it. It has the lifetime warranty on the power train and since I was working at the time we bought the upgraded warranty that covers just about everything except the wear items with a $100 deductable for liftime. Plus I go back to the dealership and since I retired there they still give me all the employee discounts.
    It was a pretty goood place to work after all is said and done and the owners still treat the employees very well.
    I agree with the comment about the Cummins engine. Don't know what they are doing for HP in the trucks now but I remember when an idiot hooked his dually up to a tree and put it in low 4 wheel drive with his automatic transmission, then proceeded to cut a tree down. Of course no one was in the truck. It was supposed to put tension on the tree so it would fall right and then he was going to jump in and stop it. Worked great until he fell ane the truck continued on, right through the wall fo his house. Lots of HP and torque in that engine.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345