Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GPU HELP!!

Silver Member

Re: GPU HELP!!

I still havn't had time to even check it out. I had a cousin get killed in a car wreck so I had to goto the wake and then work has been killing me. This weekend I have to go out of town for a crawfish boil and drag race. So mabey sunday I can get back on this.

All your base are belong to us!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aux9o View Post
    I still havn't had time to even check it out. I had a cousin get killed in a car wreck so I had to goto the wake and then work has been killing me. This weekend I have to go out of town for a crawfish boil and drag race. So mabey sunday I can get back on this.
    Wow. That went from "eh" to "HOLY DEAR GOD THAT'S TERRIBLE" to "that really sucks" to "awesome and cool!"

Take care of yourself and family, and get to this when you have time. Shockingly, crunching is not the most important thing in the world...

Silver Member

I have two Nividia cards in one of my boxes. The second is a 210, I got when I RMA'd the GTX 580. It crunched while the 580 was gone (oh so slowly). Since the 580 is back, I can only use if for PhysX, Boinc only thinks the 580 exists.

Dan

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I have two Nividia cards in one of my boxes. The second is a 210, I got when I RMA'd the GTX 580. It crunched while the 580 was gone (oh so slowly). Since the 580 is back, I can only use if for PhysX, Boinc only thinks the 580 exists.

Dan
    There is a simple way to make BOINC use that 210 as well. I'll let Maxwell explain it to you so i don't get it wrong

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    There is a simple way to make BOINC use that 210 as well. I'll let Maxwell explain it to you so i don't get it wrong
    Thanks, JPM...

You need to put the "use_all_gpus" tag in a cc_config file. Check out this FAQ item, and it will have the info and links you need...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    OK, wait a second. Can you get either card to work in either slot, if they are the ONLY card in the computer?
    Try this:
    Does 465 work in Slot 1 by itself? Does 465 work in slot 2 by itself?

Then try: 280 in Slot 1 by itself and 280 in slot 2 by itself.

Do all 4 of those scenarios allow you to get something on the screen when the computer turns on, or does 1 or 2 of those scenarios result in a blank screen? (Whether Windows works at this point doesn't matter; I'm talking can you see the BIOS boot up?)
    Ok both cards work 100% good while they are by there self. When I put in both cards only one card is detected by windows 7.

All your base are belong to us!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by aux9o View Post
    Ok both cards work 100% good while they are by there self. When I put in both cards only one card is detected by windows 7.
    Its beginning to sound like a bad motherboard.

1) Do you have 3 PCIe slots on the MB? If so you may wish to try the putting the 465 in the slot nearest the CPU and the 280 in the far slot.

2) Something else to try. If you have a SLI bridge cable you can try connecting the cards together. Use the 465 as the primary GPU first.

3) Try the cards in a different system. If they work together in that system then your MB is definitely faulty.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

jeeprnovru

is there a ford sticker or any ford products or memorabilia any where close to the computer? remove those and perhaps place a dodge sticker on your case...that should help!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jeeprnovru View Post
    ...remove [FORD] and perhaps place a dodge sticker on your case...that should help!
    ROFL!!!....... Now, THAT is some good advice.

And THIS is the reason!

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jeeprnovru View Post
    is there a ford sticker or any ford products or memorabilia any where close to the computer? remove those and perhaps place a dodge sticker on your case...that should help!

It also works if you use your Jeep sticker!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast