Thread: stars

GregK

stars

2 days i just realized i get my imaginary 5 yr star! (miss those red white and blue stars).

Past Administrator

Re: stars

Hmmm...I wonder how we could implement something like that for the old members...a pipe dream for now, but would be very cool if I could figure something out.

Gold Member

Is there someplace I can find out when I originally joined the team? Or at least the day I joined the old boards?

Past Administrator

Go to your account page on the first project you crunched, and look at all computers (not just current), find you oldest one, and look for the "date first seen"...that should be fairly accurate if you joined the team when you started crunching. If you didn't then I'm not sure - maybe one of the stats gurus can chime in on that?

Platinum Member

Wouldn't looking at a stats site like Free-DC and seeing your "First seen" date on your Boinc Overall stats page get you the best chance on that? As long as you haven't crunched under multiple accounts over the years...

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Wouldn't looking at a stats site like Free-DC and seeing your "First seen" date on your Boinc Overall stats page get you the best chance on that? As long as you haven't crunched under multiple accounts over the years...
    Yes, assuming you starting crunching and joined a team on the same day. I didn't. I joined a team about two months after I started crunching. However, I was able to use Free-DC data to figure it out.

My oldest project was SETI - that was the first project I moved to a team. If you look at my personal SETI page on Free-DC, you see my historic team movement shows me joining on May 6, 2009. That's my best guestimate.

EDIT: But that method will fail with older users. I just looked up DrBob and BJ on S@H, and it doesn't show. So Maxwell's method is not foolproof...
    Last edited by Maxwell; 04-07-11 at 09:40 PM.

Gold Member

But that method will fail with older users.
    Im not THAT old!!

Platinum Member

Guess we'll have to wait untill the old boards are archived. One of the reasons I copied mine down right before we left her for good.

Congrats on 5 stars Greg!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

GregK

thanks crazy and a belated congrats to you!