Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All GPUs belong to collatz

Diamond Member

All GPUs belong to collatz

DNETC
    MW
    PG

...all down right now.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

JerWA

Re: All GPUs belong to collatz

Hah it's like the good ol' days! One project falls, everyone moves, next project gets overwhelmed and falls, rinse and repeat.

Gold Member

One minute I get a server down message, then I hit update again, and again, and again....then it works. Been like that for the last couple of hours.

Platinum Member

After the crap with MW, ALL YOUR GPU'S BELONG TO US!

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Silver Member

Giving up on MW......

After many hours of crunching, the results are just not there any longer. I'm calling it quits with MW. They have way too many problems with keeping their servers running and the workload is way too intermittent. Aside from that, I truly believe they are screwing us out of credit for work that's been done.

I believe that the WUs that end up in the, "Completed, validation inconclusive" category just end up sitting there until they just drop off after a day or two. If this is true then it means, the work has been done, but there is no credit for it. My conclusion comes from the fact that when started back with MW about 3 days ago and when I first restarted with them, I had no results on any of the pages. This was to be expected. Then, when I started running them again, I was given the typical number of WUs for the one box that I let run them.

As the WUs completed, I had my browser up on the results page and was hitting, "refresh" every 30 or so seconds and took notice that when 4 WUs were reported, only two would show up on the results page as completed and validated. None showed up anywhere else, as either computation errors, invalid or pending. I've let the project run for a good couple days now and I've seem my average take a sharp nosedive even though MW is "supposed" be be the highest paying project, next to DNet, which is no longer with us.

I watched this very carefully for about an hour. As it is...a person can no longer tell what the hell is going on with the WUs as the completed WU will vanish from the results page so quickly, there's no way at all to track them at all.

Simply stated, I don't trust the MW project any longer for granting credit as it should be. Without the ability to see all the WUs completed over a 2 day span of time, there's simply no way, that I know of, to keep track of just what's going on with them.

I'm done with MW and back to what I know works the best for me. I'll try back with them after another month or two to see if the results change and if so, to what. For now.....yeah!

Yo-

Gold Member

From what I have been told by other members of this team is that stats come in in a very irregular time stream. Perhaps I am wrong about this. Someone chime in and clarify for us please.

Silver Member

@ Joker....

If you're speaking of Collatz, yes, that's very true. MW generally post results very quickly. My problem with it is that, MW doesn't seem to be reporting ALL the results, just a few. I have no problems with Collatz, fully knowing the result postings comes in waves. This is likely due to, "wingmen" not always being online as I am.

Yo-

Platinum Member

With most projects, stats come fairly regularly. However, you have to realize how stats work (in simple form).

- Validator confirms the results you upload
    - Internal database is updated
    - Project creates a file external sites can pick up
    - Other stats sites get the file
    - Stats sites update numbers
    - You look at them

Due to bandwidth, history, etc. you will be behind always on external stats sites. For example: my primaboinca credits were well above (by 10k+) the 2nd update well before (by ~2 hours) the numbers were updated on Free-DC. It is what it is. You just have to accept it.

Silver Member

@ Max...

I speak of the project web site reporting the results, not the second party sites.

Yo-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast