Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MW Work

Silver Member

Re: MW Work

Max I just tried the app_info.xml change. It worked and got two WUs running at the same time, but my system became unresponsive.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Max I just tried the app_info.xml change. It worked and got two WUs running at the same time, but my system became unresponsive.
    Don't run the opti app. It will validate fine and run on your box but MW will invalidate it on their end. Travis is still trying to stabilize the project. No opti apps for now.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Don't run the opti app. It will validate fine and run on your box but MW will invalidate it on their end. Travis is still trying to stabilize the project. No opti apps for now.
    Nothing is optimized - just configured to run two at a time. But you're probably right - don't try messing with things until they're stable again. The app_info file should still work then...

Platinum Member

On one of my boxes, I wasn't able to detach in time. It Dl'd more of the .23 work? Are these valid tasks?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Answered my own question. Completed 4 tasks and all say validator error. Detaching and reattaching now.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Platinum Member

Ok, got another one. My 64bit quad reattached, but all work keeps erroring out. Detached and reattached again with same results? WTF?

Shadow

The latest application version is 0.57, so if you have any lingering 0.23's, they'll error out. Opti apps will cause errors too.

Past Admin

It seems that there is a heavy cpu load running the new app. in MW. Running MW alone I complete taskis in 80 to 100 sec. with 99-98% load on my 5870 900/600.

Running cpu wu's I'm finishing MW wu's in 220 to 280 secs. with 50-70% load. On my duel core I'm suspended cpu wu's as the extra seconds I cut off a wu will more than make up for the loss of cpu credits.

Play with the settings you may be able to run some cpu on 4 and 6 core processors. Post your results.
    Cheers.
    Mike.

Platinum Member

I have none of the old WU's and searched my machine for any remnants of the old program without any luck. As soon as I reattach, all new WU's error out.

Shadow

Some others are having similar problems in the MW forums and say that updating to the latest Catalyst version fixed it. Looks like a crapshoot for now though. Anyhow, here's the link:
    http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...ad.php?id=2339

One more link:
    http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...ad.php?id=2345
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-11-11 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added another link

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast