Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: "New Posts" link

  1. #1
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,761

    "New Posts" link

    There are two ways to look for new posts.

    1) Manually navigate through each of the forums from the index.

    2) Use the New Posts link and go directly to the list of...er...new posts.

    I use method #2.

    Here's the problem. I am at the bottom of a really long thread, and want to click the New Posts link to go back to the list and browse it for the next thread I want to select. But to do that, I have to scroll waaaaaay back up to the top of the thread page. Any way we can add a New Posts link to the bottom of the pages too?
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  2. #2

    Re: "New Posts" link

    I'm sure that's possible with a little PHP editing of the template.. I just open the threads in a new tab, then close that tab when I'm done with it...



  3. #3
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,761

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Too many tabs already. Also, I get distracted easily. I need to go back to a refreshed list to see which I still have left unread.
    Last edited by zombie67; 10-27-10 at 03:02 AM.
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  4. #4
    Past Administrator
    DrPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2010
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    7,084

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Too many tabs already. Also, I get distracted easily. I need to go back to a refreshed list to see which I still have left unread.
    LOL! I can relate to that sometimes!

  5. #5

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Too many tabs already. Also, I get distracted easily. I need to go back to a refreshed list to see which I still have left unread.
    LOL! I can relate to that sometimes!
    At least I'm not the only one.. There have been times when I had to close other apps so that I could open another 5 or 6 tabs...



  6. #6
    Past Administrator
    DrPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2010
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    7,084

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Quote Originally Posted by KaoticEvil[SETI.USA] View Post
    At least I'm not the only one.. There have been times when I had to close other apps so that I could open another 5 or 6 tabs...
    Just wait till you get that dually running with the 2GB DDR2. You'll never have to close apps...just keep adding tabs till your brain goes fuzzy trying to remember which one was what!

  7. #7
    Past Admin
    Beerdrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,316

    Re: "New Posts" link

    I figure that I am a #2 guy also...I just hit that button, reply and hit it again...Since my post are done in wierd hours compared to you, I am usually the only one posting...

  8. #8
    Advisor - Stateside Division
    Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,079

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    There are two ways to look for new posts.

    1) Manually navigate through each of the forums from the index.

    2) Use the New Posts link and go directly to the list of...er...new posts.

    I use method #2.

    Here's the problem. I am at the bottom of a really long thread, and want to click the New Posts link to go back to the list and browse it for the next thread I want to select. But to do that, I have to scroll waaaaaay back up to the top of the thread page. Any way we can add a New Posts link to the bottom of the pages too?
    press the <HOME> key ? Should take you to the top...

  9. #9
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,761

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Hmmmmm. My iPad doesn't seem to have a home key.
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  10. #10
    Past Administrator
    DrPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2010
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    7,084

    Re: "New Posts" link

    Mmmmmmm...call up Jobs and request it for the next revision! You could show "how revolutionized" Internet forum navigation would be, and then everyone would rush to buy new versions of the iPad, and make Apple even more money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •