To all SETI-USA members:

I had subscribed to BOINC some time ago, due to interest in getting involved, so far as possible, in the more technical aspects of the SETI-at-home project. I just re-downloaded BOINC, and restarted downloading SETI tasks to run while I was online. I was sending this to try to get any possible help in locating those groups and/or users, whether near me, or otherwise, that might hvae similar technical interests in SETI technology, specifically high-level scientific and/or engineering aspects in particular.

I no longer work due to my now total and permanent disability, and have been seeking to become more involved with SETI, purely as an avocation. However, I can offer SETI USA a good deal of very serious technical experience, as I was originally trained as an electrical engineer (EE), physicist, and mathematician; I have had very serious training in signal processing,as well as done a good deal of technical work in technical fields which, while not directly involved with SETI, you would all certainly and immediately understand are, at minimum, either highly relevant, and/or directly translatable. I also have extensive general RF-system background, that might likewise possibly be of potential use, even if only on a purely hobbyist/avocation level, which I would greatly wish to use through serious technical involvement with SETI USA.

Specifically, I would be most interested in getting any available technical information on how it might be possible for an ordinary SETI-BOINC user like myself to possibly obtain copies of actual SETI data, ifthat might be feasible. Please understand: In asking that, I am obviously referring merely to download of data work packets, so far as might be allowed. I would be interested in experimenting on such date using general-purpose commercial and/or open-source signal-processing, mathematical, and/or statistical software I either have available, or might possibly be able to obtain. I am quite familiar with a good many such general-purpose software packages, many of which other members of SETI-USA mightbe familiar with, while others many members might not be.

Having also had serious clinical training in the past prior to my disability, I have also obviously had numerous other serious research interests in both bioengineering, as well as biophysics. As such, I am also quite familiar with many research fields, other than EE, physics, and/or math; for that reason, such background might likewise be of further possible use to SETI-USA,as I do of course try to stay abreast of many areas in serious exobiology, so far as I can, given my present circumstances.

My hope is that all of you might possibly find my background sufficiently useful to beable to afford all of you a somewhat different, and, hopefully, unique scientific perspective to justify your allowing my serious scientific involvement on a purely hobbyist/avocation level, in the fashion I have described. For those reasons, I would thus be most grateful to hear from any of the SETI-USA administrators about my request(s), or to be referred to such other members as mightbe deemed suitable for such serious, high-level, purely technical discussions.

I have provided both my Skype and AIM links, on the profile page, should any of you wish to speak with me; if I am online, using either AOL (which of course includes AIM), and/or Skype, please certainly feel free to IM me, and I will of course do my best to answer as rapidly as possible. Or, if preferred, please feel free to message me through the SETI-USA site, and I will likewise do my best to respond as soon as I become aware that any message(s) might have been sent. I appreciate your time and attention, would of course be most grateful for your serious consideration, would obviously hope that by background and/or interest(s) might be deemed to be of serious possible use, and would look forward to any possible response(s) at the earliest possible convenience.

Sincerely,

ENGRPOD.