Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dual

Gold Member

Re: The Dual

And stop looking at my RAC! I'm up here!

Past Administrator

Hehehe - hey, that's what she said!

OK, I picked up one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-015-_-Product

Traffic was terrible, but it's 6:46 and I'm going to start the build...again!

Gold Member

Sweet! Now you will have enough power for those dual 5850s that you are going to buy!

Past Administrator

Yeah...with what money, now that I bought a PSU? Gulp!

Alright! This is my FIRST post from the Beerinator. Brought her on tack to AQUA at just before midnight.

PHASE I has begun. I'm just going to let it sit overnight at all stock speeds and crunch away on BOINC...let's see where my RAC sits in the morning before we get fancy with it. Boys I am tired, it's been a long, somewhat frustrating day, but we got her online before midnight! Whew! That's all I can say.

Goodnight!

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

Congrats DrPop! That sucks about the PSU tho... That is strange, don't believe I've ever heard of a PSU just dying like that. You might consider cracking it open and checking for fuses..

Past Administrator

Yeah, that's nuts - I didn't have a clue that's what it was either - but I'm glad in a way that's all it was.

I'm sticking with the theory that it wussed out and couldn't take the heat for the challenge. So it just gave up without even trying.

Gold Member

Was there a little white flag on a toothpick sticking out of the PSU? Hehehe

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Was there a little white flag on a toothpick sticking out of the PSU? Hehehe
    I think it said; "Joker Rules"

Gold Member

So DrPop, you get a video card in that package from Beerdrinker?

Past Administrator

I can honestly say I did not. I wish! The ones I have work just fine, though, so I can't complain. He DID send me the secret weapon all the way from Denmark, though, and did not even charge me shipping, I might add! Now there is a man DEDICATED to the team! Let's hear it for BEER DRINKER! So even if he didn't send me a GPU, I still named the rig after him, The "Beerinator"
    Besides the MOUNTAIN of bubble wrap (hmmm...you'd think he'd shipped something by USPS before!, there was A.I.R. in the box, though.

Alright, at this point I am pretty happy with the temps at stock clocks, and I think the CPU and RAM and everything has had a good burn in with the new PSU today. Fairly pleased with the points for roughly 20 hrs. of crunching so far...but not nearly enough to keep up with Joker.
    I am going to attempt my first mild O/C tonight. Hold onto your hats folks, and wish me good luck with the PSU!
    Enter PHASE II and we'll see what happens to the BEERINATOR's RAC over the next couple days. Can we catch him???

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast